Florida's Miami-Dade and Orange Counties to Sell $356 Million of Debt
- Orange County, Fla., Set for $61 Million Tourist-Backed Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p31
Reports the selling of a tourist development tax refunding revenue bonds by Orange County in Florida. Details on the proceeds of the bonds; Information on the rating of refunding debts; Use of a tourism tax on Walt Disney World.
- Edgewood ISD board to refinance $3,725,000 in bonds. Ashley, Kathryn // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);1/24/2008, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the adoption of the order authorizing the issuance of Unlimited Tax Refunding Bonds, Series 2008 by the Edgewood ISD Board of Trustees in Texas.
- Virginia Governor Worries Shortfall Could Worsen to Over $500 Million. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31435, p36
Reports the decrease of bond revenues in Virginia in the year 2002. Increase in income tax refunds; Reduction in government spending; Proposal of a budget bill for the year 2003&ndash2004.
- NY TFA Set to Sell $900 Million of Fixed-Rate Debt. Chin, Tonya // National Mortgage News;4/16/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on the move of the New York City Transitional Finance Authority (NY TFA) to sell $900 million of fixed-rate future tax-secured bonds. It states that the TFA sold $600 million of tax-exempt bonds and auctioned $200 million of taxable bonds and $100 million of qualified school...
- Illinois Readies a $1B Ran Issue, To Be Followed by $400M of GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31428, p36
Reports the marketing of revenue anticipation certificates and general obligation bonds in Illinois. Answer to the cash flow needs of the state; Prevention of hardship for state vendors; Utilization of the proceeds for income tax refunds.
- 'Knockout' Swap Feature in Refunding Saves Chicago $6M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31433, p32
Focuses on the issues related to tax refunding bond sale in Chicago, Illinois. Emphasis on the bond maturity; Advancements of the refund portions of sales tax-backed bonds; Decrease of the interest rates on tax exemptions.
- San Jose Authority to Seek Approval on $62M Refunding. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;5/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32381, p3
The article reports that the city council in San Jose, California will be considering the request of the San Jose Financing Authority to issue fixed-rate lease revenue refunding bonds. The agency will have the authority to issue as much as 62 million dollars of fixed-rate lease revenue refunding...
- Northeast Edges Up. Kaske, Michelle; Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;8/9/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33363, p1
The article reports on the two-percent increase in the bond issues in the Northeastern states and municipalities in the first half of 2010. The increase in volume is attributed to the success of the Build America Bond program that expands the municipal markets. Alan Schankel of Janney Montgomery...
- NORTH CAROLINA: First Health Affirmed. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p9
The article reports on the plan of Guilford County, North Carolina to sell $40.4 million of Series 2007C fixed-rate general obligation bonds on March 13, 2007. The bonds will be sold competitively and the proceeds of which will be used to construct schools. Robinson Bradshaw & Hindson company is...