Munis Gain 2 to 3 Basis Points Amid Higher Treasuries, Shrinking Supply
- Merrill Sees Growing Appeal to Foreign Banks. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31414, p32
Reports the taxable municipal deals of Merrill Lynch & Co. with foreign banks in the U.S. Link between municipal bond and income tax exemption; Views of John Hallacy, managing director of municipal bond, on the issue; Impact of international banking on the company.
- Development. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30271, p12A
Reports on the continuance of the increase in the development bond issuance during the third quarter of 1997. Percentage increase in the municipal market issues from July to September 1996-1997; Amount of issues from the industrial development bonds; Brief discussion on the issues from the...
- MUNICIPAL RANKING. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/6/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 38, p48
Lists investment banks ranked by municipal bond underwriting. Citigroup Inc.; UBS Financial Services; Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
- Municipals Sell Off Modestly in February Amid Record Issuance. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32088, p7
Reports on the sell of municipal bonds due to plentiful demand from institutional investors in the U.S. Statement of Philip Fischer, municipal bond strategist at Merrill Lynch & Co. regarding the price of the municipal bonds sell; Inconsistency of large portion of muni bonds and pay coupons;...
- MUNICIPAL RANKING. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/7/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 14, p44
Presents a list of municipal bond issues ranked according to their market share. Rank given to Merrill Lynch; Market share of Morgan Stanely & Co.; Types of bonds issued by Morgan Keegan Inc.
- Muni Yields Up 3 to 5 Basis Points; Merrill Wins Maryland DOT Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/29/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31645, p2
Municipal bond yields rose between three and five basis points on May 28, 2003, while in the new-issue market Merrill Lynch & Co. won 195 million dollars of Maryland Department of Transportation consolidated transportation bonds with a low interest cost of 3.282 percent, out of three bids. A...
- Merrill Hires Credit Research Generalist. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p28
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. has hired Philip Villaluz, former vice president at Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as a generalist in its municipal bond credit research group.
- NYC's muni bonds faux ABS. S.M. // Asset Securitization Report;11/22/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 45, p11
Reports on New York City's sale of $496.2 million in triple-A rated taxable municipal bonds via the Fiscal Year 2005 Securitization Corp. vehicle, a one-off transaction for the city being led by Merrill Lynch. Refinancing of general obligation bonds sold by the city in 1992 that advance refunded...
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Fall Across the Board as long End Rallies. Johnson, Mathew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32050, p6
The article reports that all of "The Bond Buyer's," weekly yield indexes fell as the long end of the municipal bond market rallied to catch up with the Treasury market as of January 14, 2005. While the yield curve is still relatively steep in the municipal market, it has flattened in U.S....
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32924, p21
Several charts are presented depicting bond performance in the U.S. including market indicators, municipal market data general obligation yields and Merrill Lynch & Co. corporate bond indexes.