NEWS IN BRIEF
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F390, p2
This section offers municipal bond news briefs, including decline in initial claims for U.S. state unemployment benefits in week of October 22, 2016, decline in value of durable goods new orders in September 2016, and increase in pending home sales in September 2016.
- Record online sales for durable goods. // Cabinet Maker;2/12/2010, Issue 5674, p7
The article reports on the 18 percent increase in Internet sales of consumer durable goods during the Christmas season in Great Britain.
- Durable Goods Orders Jump 2.6% in March; Ex-Transportation Rise 2.0%. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;4/25/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F316, p1
The article focuses on a report of the U.S. Commerce Department which states that the U.S. durable goods orders increased by 2.6 percent in March 2014 while the excluding transportation orders increased by two percent in the same period.
- Durable Goods Orders Down 1.3% in March. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;4/26/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33305, p2
The article reports on the 1.3% decrease in the durable goods orders in March 2010 which is much attributed to lower transportation equipment orders in the U.S.
- Exchange Rates and Concurrent Leasing and Selling in Durable-Goods Monopoly. Goering, Gregory; Pippenger, Michael // Atlantic Economic Journal;Jun2009, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p187
Theoretical durable-goods models suggest that a monopolist will prefer to lease rather than sell units of output due to the sellerâ€™s commitment problem with potential buyers. However, many monopolistic durable-goods manufactures are commonly observed simultaneously leasing and selling...
- How You Can Benefit From Business Trends. Bussing-Burks, Marie // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec2001, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p10
Presents tips on how to make good financial decisions from business trends. Advice on unemployment insurance claims; Information on durable goods orders; Suggestion on building permits and housing construction; Details on M2 money supply.
- Durable goods, habits, time preference, and exchange rates. Mansoorian, Arman; Neaime, Simon // North American Journal of Economics & Finance;Mar2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p115
We work out the role of durable goods regarding the effects of exchange-rate policies in the money-in-utility model. If for whatever reason the stock of durables is above its steady-state level, then along the adjustment path consumption expenditures would be rising and the current account would...
- Are You Better Off? Barkey, Patrick M. // Indiana Business Magazine;May2007, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the growth of personal income in Indiana from 2005-2006. The state's income accelerated by 5.1 percent in 2006, compared to the 4.2 percent growth registered in 2005. It was noted that the increase in earnings in durable goods manufacturing industries in the first half of...
- Home Sales Up, Factories Ebb. // Investors Business Daily;9/25/2015, p1
5 Sales of new homes hit a 7-1/2-year high in Aug., confirming strength in that sector even as another faces harsh headwinds. Durable goods orders fell 2.0%, expected after big gains earlier. But orders ex transportation were flat, defying forecasts of a slight gain. Housing is supported by...