What are children learning in sex education classes?
- What Jewish schools are teaching in sex ed. Pollak, Suzanne // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;9/10/2015, p1
ROCKVILLE, Md. (Washington Jewish Week via JTA) -- Just because Judaism permits sex only within the confines of marriage doesn't mean Jewish day schools aren't teaching how to put a condom on or what sexually transmitted diseases are.
- Why Jewish Day Schools? Jacobs, Emily // Washington Jewish Week;10/20/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 41, p28
The article features several Jewish parents in Washington D.C. who explain why they continue to send their children to day school instead of enrolling them in area public schools.
- Night in Greece. // Southern Jewish Life;Mar2010, p34
The article reports that an evening in Greece was experienced by supporters, parents and alumni of Birmingham's N.E. Miles Jewish Day School for its annual gala on January 23, 2010.
- MetroWest Journal. // New Jersey Jewish News;9/9/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 36, p13
The article focuses on the event organized by the alumni of Solomon Schechter Day School of Essex and Union to help students receive a day school education which will be held on September 16, 2010 in New York City.
- Raising For Russel. Jaffe, Maayan // Baltimore Jewish Times;3/15/2013, Vol. 331 Issue 3, p16
The article reports that Baltimore Jewish day schools in Baltimore, Maryland have recorded the collection of 25 percent of their fundraising goal for the Russel Family Generations Baltimore Day School Endowment Project.
- Admiring the Youthful Pursuit of Truth. Runyan, Joshua // Baltimore Jewish Times;3/7/2014, Vol. 337 Issue 1, p7
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics advocacy efforts of the students of the beth Tfiloh dahan Community Day School located in Baltimore, Maryland and a Pikesville, Maryland-based philosopher who raised questions about Jews.
- Dancing with joy and celebration. // Washington Jewish Week;5/31/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 22, p28
A photo essay is presented which shows highlights of the annual Israeli Dance Performance of the Jewish Primary Day School of the Nation's Capital (JPDS-NC) held on May 16, 2012.
- Affordability. Ginsberg, Johanna // New Jersey Jewish News;10/7/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 40, p10
The article focuses on the development of endowed funds by several day schools in New Jersey including the MetroWest Day School to sustain their affordability programs, which aim to ease the burden of parents who could not afford the day school tuition of their children.
- More Than $400 Raised for Annapolis Day School. Shapiro, Marc // Baltimore Jewish Times;5/16/2014, Vol. 337 Issue 11, p16
The article reports that the Great Give, a 24-hour online fundraiser which raises fund for Anne Arundel County, Maryland nonprofits, has gifted 472 dollars to the Aleph Bet Jewish Day School located in Annapolis, Maryland.