- First Half Mostly Kind to Leading Publishers; Frontlist in Focus. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the improvement in the financial performance of book publishers in the first quarter of 2007. Harlequin Inc. claims that its revenue grew to $228.2 million and $31.2 million in operating profit from series books sales. HarperCollins Publishers Inc. reported a revenue of...
- First Half Offers Mixed Results for Leading Publishers. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2008, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the financial performance of several publication companies in the first half of 2008 in the U.S. Harlequin recorded a decline of $11.1 million in revenue due to the weak economy. HarperCollins' operating profit increased by $7 million compared to the same period in 2007....
- Earnings Jump at Major Publishers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/12/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 36, p4
Reports on the three major publishing companies in the U.S., Random House, Penguin Group and HarperCollins, that posted profit gains in the first half of 2005. Percentage increase in total profits of the companies; Reason for the decline in sales at Random House; Factor to which the increase in...
- Trade Houses Find Better Reception. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/10/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 36, p12
The article highlights the 14th annual Beijing International Book Fair held in China in 2007. The price and piracy issues surrounding China did not influence the outcome of the event as depicted in the number of U.S. publishers who attended it. At the event, HarperCollins forged two partnership...
- Good Gains for Big Houses. // Publishers Weekly;9/13/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 37, p5
Presents a tabular representation comparing the financial performance of publishing companies in 2003 and 2004. Random House Inc.; Penguin Group; HarperCollins Publishers Inc.
- Top Five Pubs Take Half of Sales. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/25/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the total revenue generated by the largest publishers in the U.S. in 2004, according to a study by the Book Industry Study Group. Percentage of all book trade sales generated by the publishers during the year; Amount generated from sales by Random House; Books that helped...
- New HC imprint will focus on brand publishing. // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p15
Reports on Harpercollins' imprint, HarperHorizon. Release of its first title in February 1998; Its wish to become the preferred publisher for companies with strong brands or licenses; Its plans and alliances.
- Digging for gold. Goldsmith, Olivia // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Mar97, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p5
Expresses insights about the prospect that a manuscript submitted by unpublished writers to HarperCollins will be published. Changes in publishing; Importance of feedback; Quality of the manuscripts; Proposal for a contest allowing any unpublished author access to an editorial read.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD. // Book Publishing Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p3
Presents a list of New York best seller scorecard of publishers for the year 2002. Titles of books published by publisher HarperCollins.