Penguin Group Starts TV Division
- Gay fiction for kids: Is anyone out there publishing it? Garden, Nancy // Lambda Book Report;Nov97, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p25
Opinion. Discusses the publication of gay fiction for children in the United States. Names of books published for children; Information on various publications of these type of books; Details on limited publications.
- The children's mass market business. Lodge, Sally // Publishers Weekly;12/1/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 49, p27
Focuses on the children's mass market publishing business. The highs and lows of the business; The areas of expansion; How the turmoil affecting mass marketing giant Western Publishing opened the doors for some competitors; New ventures and renewed efforts; Flexibility in formats; Price points;...
- Top publishers' sales. // Library Talk;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p13
Reports on children's trade publishers with the highest sales in 1995, according to a survey by `Publishers Weekly.' Golden Books as the publisher with the highest sales figures.
- Breaking Out of Format Formulas. Lodge, Sally // Publishers Weekly;11/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 45, p31
Focuses on the look publishers are creating for children's fiction and series. Formatted companion series introduced by the Sholastic company to attract boy readers; When Harper-Collins' Growing Tree imprint made its debut; Comments from Jean Feiwel, publisher of Scholastic. INSET: The Way...
- Multicultural Children's Books: An American Fairy Tale. Hill, Twyla J. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p36
Explores the production process of multicultural children's literature. Differences between multicultural and culturally conscious literature; Social context of publishing; Production organization; Marketing and distribution.
- Books in a state of flux. // Library Talk;May/Jun95, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p16
Highlights the changes occurring in children's book publishing as noted by Publishers Weekly. Mergers of major companies; Cut-back in the number of books published.
- 'The Aircraft Is the Boss' Peterson, Gordon I. // Sea Power;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p50
Describes an assembly program for the Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet strike fighter by the Northrop Grumman's Integrated Systems facility in El Segundo, California as of January 2002. Comment from program manager Corey S. Moore on the goal of the program; Guiding principles which influence the...
- Children's books for spring. Lodge, Sally; Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;2/19/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 8, p142
Presents a list of children's books by various publishers set to be released in spring 1996 in the United States. Includes `Comet Vomit'; `Daddy's Wedding'; `Moose on the Loose.' INSETS: Familiar faces, new voices.;A tragedy remembered.;Carrying the Olympic torch.;To market, to market.
- Sneak previews. Stander, Bella // Publishers Weekly;2/19/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 8, p184
Presents previews of children's books by various publishers set to be released in fall 1996 in the United States. Includes `Christmas: An Annual Treasury,' by Robert Klausmeier; Reprints of `The Barn'; `Cliffhangers' series.