Penguin Group Starts TV Division
- Resources from ERIC. Smith, Marilyn // Emergency Librarian;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p68
Reviews articles and documents on literature for children and young adults. `Kid's favorite books: Children's Choices 1989-1991'; `Books for You: A Booklist for Senior High Students,' 11th edition from the National Council of Teachers of English Bibliography Series; `Teens' Favorite Books:...
- Gay fiction for kids: Is anyone out there publishing it? Garden, Nancy // Lambda Book Report;Nov97, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p25
Opinion. Discusses the publication of gay fiction for children in the United States. Names of books published for children; Information on various publications of these type of books; Details on limited publications.
- The children's mass market business. Lodge, Sally // Publishers Weekly;12/1/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 49, p27
Focuses on the children's mass market publishing business. The highs and lows of the business; The areas of expansion; How the turmoil affecting mass marketing giant Western Publishing opened the doors for some competitors; New ventures and renewed efforts; Flexibility in formats; Price points;...
- Challenging the young reader? Changing perspectives in Australian children's literature. Saxby, Maurice // Orana;May96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p76
Discusses changes in Australian children's literature since 1980. Content or subject matter; Narrative form and language; Genre; Range of implied readers; Literary spectrum; Article as author's 1995 Lawrie Ryan Children's Literature Lecture.
- Top publishers' sales. // Library Talk;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p13
Reports on children's trade publishers with the highest sales in 1995, according to a survey by `Publishers Weekly.' Golden Books as the publisher with the highest sales figures.
- Breaking Out of Format Formulas. Lodge, Sally // Publishers Weekly;11/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 45, p31
Focuses on the look publishers are creating for children's fiction and series. Formatted companion series introduced by the Sholastic company to attract boy readers; When Harper-Collins' Growing Tree imprint made its debut; Comments from Jean Feiwel, publisher of Scholastic. INSET: The Way...
- Multicultural Children's Books: An American Fairy Tale. Hill, Twyla J. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p36
Explores the production process of multicultural children's literature. Differences between multicultural and culturally conscious literature; Social context of publishing; Production organization; Marketing and distribution.
- Books in a state of flux. // Library Talk;May/Jun95, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p16
Highlights the changes occurring in children's book publishing as noted by Publishers Weekly. Mergers of major companies; Cut-back in the number of books published.
- 'The Aircraft Is the Boss' Peterson, Gordon I. // Sea Power;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p50
Describes an assembly program for the Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet strike fighter by the Northrop Grumman's Integrated Systems facility in El Segundo, California as of January 2002. Comment from program manager Corey S. Moore on the goal of the program; Guiding principles which influence the...