Football and Baseball Still Dominate Sports Market, But Extreme Sports Titles Coming on Strong
- GLOSSARY. Coupe, Robert // Sports for All;2003, p30
This is a glossary of terms that appear in the book 'Sports for All.' This provides information on sports.
- Book reviews. Yoder, Daniel G. // Journal of Leisure Research;1997 4th Quarter, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p484
Reviews the book `Sport in Society: Equal Opportunity or Business as Usual?,' edited by Richard E. Lapchick.
- A Day-by-Day Selection of the Most Important, Thrilling, and Inspired Events of the Past 150 Years (Book). Pitt, David // Booklist;10/15/2003, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p375
Reviews the book "Sports of the Times: A Day-by-Day Selection of the Most Important, Thrilling, and Inspired Events of the Past 150 Years," edited by William Taaffe and David Fisher.
- More sports sources. // Booklist;09/01/98, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p158
Presents a listing of books which pertain to sports. Books include `Baseball: A Comprehensive Bibliography, Suppplement 2 (1992 through 1997)' by Myron J. Smith Jr., `Baseball Records Registry: The Best and Worst Single-Day Performances and the Stories Behind them,' by Joseph J. Dittmar,...
- ROUSING READS. OTT, BILL // American Libraries;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 42 Issue 9/10, p63
The article reviews the book "The Art of Fielding," by Chard Harbach and presents information on sports novels such as "Bang the Drum Slowly," by Mark Harris and "The Natural," by Bernard Malamud.
- Sports Achievers. // Book Links;Mar2005, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p13
Features the book "Sports Achievers."
- Women of Sports. // Book Links;Mar2005, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p13
Features the book "Women of Sports."
- The Sports Book (Book Review). Cohen, Scott // LJ: Library Journal;1/15/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p358
Reviews the book 'The Sports Book: An Unabashed Assemblage of Heroes, Strategies, Records and Events,' edited by Min Yee.
- Preschool to Grade 4: Nonfiction. Manning, Patricia // School Library Journal;Mar99, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p196
Reviews the book `Sports! Sports! Sports!: A Poetry Collection,' by Lee Bennett Hopkins.