Controversy Translates into Sales in Nonfiction This Year
- The state of state politics research. Brace, Paul // Political Research Quarterly;Sep95, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p643
Examines all researches published on state politics from 1983-1993 in six journals. Distribution of state politics research by year; Distribution of state politics research by journal; Researches on elections; Institutions; Comparative policy analysis; Political economy in the state.
- Politics and publishing in a democratic society: Technical breakthroughs and research agendas. Horowitz, Irving Louis; Curtis, Mary E. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall94, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p22
Discusses issues surrounding the interaction between politics and publishing in a democratic society like the United States. Relationship between public and private sectors; Impact of internalization; Non-United States ownership of information; Mergers and acquisitions; Conflict between the...
- Publishers, United States foreign policy and the Third World, 1960-1967. Mokia, Rosemary Ntumny // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer95, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p36
Studies the United States government's interaction with publishers in the 1960s within the framework formed by the National Policy on International Book and Library Activities (NPIBLA). Impact of the Government Advisory Committee on International Book and Library Programs (GAC) on the conduct...
- PublicAffairs Capitalizes on Growing Interest in Politics. // Book Publishing Report;12/1/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p4
Reports on the publication of books on politics by PublicAffairs in the U.S. Expansion of the client base; Establishment of alliances with organizations; Increase of sales revenue.
- More books. // Mother Jones;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p8
Presents readers' list of the top eight influential political books in the United States. Includes `FBI Secrets: An Agent's Expose,' by M. Wesley Swearingen; `Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK,' by Bonar Menninger; `The Overworked American,' by Juliet B. Schor.
- Alexis de Tocqueville -- 200 Years. Zuckert, Catherine // Review of Politics;Fall2005, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p596
The article introduces a series of articles published in the September 2005 issue of "The Review of Politics."
- A Correction. // New Republic;12/29/26, Vol. 49 Issue 630, p174
Presents a correction to the December 22, 1926 issue of the periodical "The New Republic" concerning the publisher of Kyra Kyralina by Panait Istrati.
- Preventing History from Repeating Itself. R.M.D. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Nov87, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p267
Editorial. Highlights the events following the U.S. government's deregulation of the airline industry; Views on corporate dominance in publishing; Publishers that dominate the industry; Responsibility of the government in giving information to its citizens.
- Fan Mail. Nelson, Timothy W. // Progressive;Oct86, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p8
Presents a letter to the editor of the political magazine 'The Progressive,' criticizing the magazine for its editorials and artwork.