Dallas Independent School District Joins 'Robin Hood' Funding Lawsuit
- Instructional Costs and Tuition Revenues: Funding NJ Public Higher Education. Yamoah, David A. // Academic Leadership (15337812);2007, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p1
Concern about the cost of higher education has resulted in demand for accountability in the use of public funds. Funding for most public higher education breaks down into two major parts, the Enrollment-based support and the Performance or Incentive-based support. This paper examines...
- Belt-tightening. Miller, Julie A. // Education Week;01/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p157
Focuses on the state funding of education in Nebraska. Merger pressures on school districts resulting from property tax limits; Shifts of school funding sources; Criticisms on the finance policy; Financing schemes created by districts to cope with changes in the state's system of funding.
- INDIANA. Zehr, Mary Ann // Education Week;06/06/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p18
Reports on Indiana's increase of operating aid given to school districts and funding of districts that run all-day-kindergarten programs. Total allocations to school districts for 2001-2002; Funding of other educational areas in the state.
- Investing in our schools is good for business. Karatz, Bruce // San Diego Business Journal;03/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p47
Comments on the proposed state funding of school districts in California, as contained in Proposition 26 on the March 7, 2000, ballot. Key provisions; Investment solutions offered to school districts; Assessment of the current conditions in the state's educational system.
- Pontiac Schools Punished. // Bond Buyer;4/25/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33703, p7
The article reports on the announcement by Michigan regarding its plan to withhold its 1.25 million dollars state aid payment to the Pontiac City School District on April 20, 2012.
- In Vt., school funding plan may be in for revisions. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;12/10/97, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the proposed revisions on Vermont's finance-reform plan for its school districts to suit wealthy communities. Restructuring of the state's property taxes and school finance system; Objective of fair distribution of wealth between rich areas and communities with depressed property...
- Great schools, cheap. Speer, Tibbett L. // American Demographics;Jul94, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p42
Discusses the various aspects of the budgetary concerns of school districts in the United States. Estimates of school expenditures per pupil; Schools that educate well despite low per-pupil expenses; List of school districts that rate low on pupil performance despite high costs; Impact of...
- Kansas School Finance Suit Set for Trial Next Week. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/31/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33723, p8
The article reports on the trial to be conducted by three-judge special state tribunal created specifically by the U.S. Legislature to consider lawsuits by a consortium of 54 Kansas school districts that seeks for more state aid for education on June 4, 2012.
- Ill. Panel Uses `State-of-the-Art' Approach in School-Finance Plan. Sevener, Don // Education Week;9/14/1983, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the Resource Cost Model, developed by Jay G. Chambers and Thomas B. Parrish of Associates for Education Finance and Planning. A report from a citizen's committee recommending major changes in Illinois method of distribution of funds to local school districts will be using...