Firms Working With Chicago Gave to Daley-Linked Fundraiser
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS GO AFTER PRIVATE DONORS. Gordon, Dianna // State Legislatures;Apr2004, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p25
Focuses on the efforts of school districts in the U.S. in seeking donations from private donors. Appointment of Caroline Kennedy as chief fundraiser for New York city schools in 2002 to increase its private donations; Average price of donations given by businesses and individuals to New York...
- Donating outdating computers yields many happy returns. Cleaver, Joanne // Crain's Chicago Business;08/31/98, Vol. 21 Issue 35, pSR8
Focuses on the move by companies in the United States to collect and refurbish discarded corporate computers and send them to educational and non-profit facilities, while highlighting the efforts of Nicor Inc. of Naperville, Illinois. Impact of a tax break that increases the value of donations...
- GRCF Gets 'Icehouse.'. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/19/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p23
The article reports on the purchase of the Icehouse building by the Grand Rapids Community Foundation. The building will become the permanent home of the philanthropic organization. It is situated at 72 Grandville Avenue and has more than 17,000 square feet of office space. The foundation is...
- La Escantada preview raises funds for charity. // Inside Tucson Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p15
Reports on the fund raising initiated by La Encantada through its newest shopping destination "Enchanted Evening" in Tucson, Arizona.
- Jackie Robinson Foundation's 'An Afternoon Of Jazz' Fund-Raiser Features Aretha Franklin. // Jet;07/17/2000, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p33
Discusses 'An Afternoon of Jazz,' a fund-raiser in Norwalk, Connecticut hosted by the Jackie Robinson Foundation, at which rhythm and blues singer Aretha Franklin performed.
- NHBR about town. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/9/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p15
Photographs of several notable people in New Hampshire who attended different fund raising events and received various awards from organizations in the state are presented.
- Area businesses, CDPHP raise $23,000 for food bank. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/13/2003-1/20/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the donation given by Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) Inc. to the Regional Food Bank in northeastern New York. Funds generated by CDPHP for the donation.
- Group taps luminaries, financial and otherwise. Clair, Chris // Pensions & Investments;7/22/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p8
Focuses on the fund raising activity of the Robin Hood Foundation in a convention center in New York City. Names of the 24-member board of directors; Investment in city-based programs to fight poverty; Attendance of financial luminaries in the social event.
- Garage Sale (We're Moving and Need Money for the Garage)! Dunn, John F. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;5/28/2004, Vol. 194 Issue 22, p39
Presents information on a fund-raising campaign for the Dunn Foundation.