INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE
- Healthcare. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/5/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p52
Presents several charts depicting the global underwriting accumulated among healthcare industries as of March 2001. Volumes of the products issued; Rates of underwriting fees; Equity deals.
- For the Record. // Business Insurance;10/14/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 41, p31
Reports developments related to business insurance in the U.S. as of October 2002. Reduction of the liability of health care providers and facilities; Impact of climate change on the world stock markets; Approval of rate increase on individual direct-pay indemnity.
- Late News. // Modern Healthcare;9/15/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p4
Presents news briefs related to medical care in the U.S. as of September 15, 2003. Increase in wholesale prices for hospitals in August 2003; Efforts of healthcare provider organizations to urge insurers to disclose their contingency plans for effective claims processing and payments; Decision...
- Late News. // Business Insurance;11/5/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p1
Reports developments in business insurance in the United States as of November 2001. Intent to purchase renewal rights to health care business of Industrial Risk Insurer by Chubb Corp.; Sale of shares by investors of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. LP; Imposition of limitation to a pollution...
- Falling profits, stock prices portend health premium hikes. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;May99, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p66
Looks at the market performance of health plans' stocks, health maintenance organizations and insurance companies in the United States in 1998. Basis of the analysis; Impact of the increasing cost of health care; Increase in generic drug costs; Explanations from Todd Richter, senior managing...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/8/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p36
Cites developments on investment banking in the healthcare sector as of March 1, 2004. Global healthcare underwriting volume; Syndicated loans; Global debt; Global equity deals.
- In Europe, Aging of the Populace Spurs A Rethink on Private Healthcare Services. Wagley, John // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/20/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 45, p15
Focuses on the private health care market in Europe. Growth of publicly held hospitals and long-term care facilities; Expansion and changes in private health care services; Stock performance of publicly held health care companies.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Healthcare. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/3/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p42
Presents an investment banking database on health care stocks worldwide as of January 30, 2003. Global health care underwriting volume as of January 27, 2003; U.S. target mergers and acquisitions advisers that have been announced as of January 27, 2003.
- Outlook bright for long-depressed health care stocks. Boystak // San Diego Business Journal;08/23/99, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p55
Forecasts a positive future for health care stocks in California. Factors that will bring improvement to health care stocks; Expected effect of investor rotation on the price of smaller-caps stocks; Predictions for the industry's various segments.