Going It Alone?
- E-com focus boosts EDS' Q4 numbers. Madden, John // PC Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p50
Focuses on the earnings of Electronic Data Systems Corp. (EDC) for the fourth quarter of 1999. Comparison with 1998 earnings; Amount of total contracts signed by the company.
- EDS: An Inside View of a Corporate Life Cycle Transition. Mack, David A.; Quick, James Campbell // Organizational Dynamics;Spring2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p282
In this article, the authors look at Electronic Data Systems Corp. (EDS) in the aftermath of its June 1996 separation from General Motors Corp. The authors analyze company archival data and industry overviews, as well as a series of interviews with a cross-section of upper-level managers at EDS....
- TECH BRIEFS. // Accounting Today;1/9/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p22
Presents news briefs on issues related to information technology and electronic commerce as of January 2006. Increase in revenue and operating profit posted by Sage Group for fiscal 2005; Launch of Microsoft Dynamics GP application by Microsoft; Settlement of a dispute about a faulty system used...
- Relief as IT contractor moves back into profit. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;2/18/2005, p16
Reports on the financial performance of Electronic Data Systems Corp. (EDS), one of largest IT contractors in Whitehall, London, England. Investigation made by the British Office of Government Commerce (OGC) on the company's finances; Impact of the new contract with the Ministry of Defense's...
- EDS: new lease of life for PLM business. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;May 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p147
Reports on the acquisition of the product lifecycle management software business of Electronic Data Systems Corp. by several banks. Terms of the deal; Net profit of the division; Purchase price.
- HP Reportedly Might Sell Pieces of Outsourcing Business. // Channel Insider;8/19/2009, p1
The article reports on the possible plans of Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) to sell some parts of its business process outsourcing (BPO) operations in the U.S. It states that HP considers to sell parts of BPO to focus on technology services offering. It notes that HP has acquired Electronic Data...
- Get the balance right. Gibson, Stan // eWeek;5/16/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p18
This article presents information on choosing outsourcing partners in business. Finding the right providers for different parts of IT operations, whether it's the data center, business processes or the network, is not an easy task. No easier is finding the right number of providers, enlarging...
- ENTERPRISE. // RCR Wireless News;10/9/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p15
The article presents news briefs on the cellular telephone services industry. Vodafone Group has selected Electronic Data Systems and International Business Machines Corp. to manage its application development and maintenance services. A study from Strategy Analytics Inc. has found that wireless...
- IBM/EDS: merger report dismissed. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;April 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p136
Focuses on the comments of International Business Machines Corp. over the issue of acquiring the business of Electronic Data Systems Corp. Analysis on the revenue growth of the firm; Decrease on the assets and investments of the firm; Level of competitive advantage.