- Focus on Wellness. Tarnowski, Joseph // MMR;2/15/2016, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the focus of consumers on better care and the evolution of their wellness regimens from mere diet and exercise to the incorporation of minerals, vitamins, and supplements.
- STUDY: SUPERMARKETS APPS GOOD FOR BUSINESS. C. A. // SN: Supermarket News;11/4/2013, Vol. 61 Issue 44, p34
The article focuses on the study from Novartis Consumer Health and Match ShopLab which shows that consumer affinity of stores can be driven by the mobile applications being offered by their supermarkets.
- Lessons For 2016? Not All That Different From This Year. FANNING, MARTHA // Checkout;Dec2015, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p75
The article discusses consumers attitude towards supermarkets, products and services for 2016 being more demanding and less trusting, similar to that of 2015.
- Why supermarkets are only fair in health and wellness. ORGEL, DAVID // SN: Supermarket News;Sep2015, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p4
The article offers the author's insights on consumer survey conducted by "Supermarket News" (SN) magazine, in partnership with supermarket guru Phil Lempert, which found that supermarkets are rated only fair in selection of natural, organic and better-for-you items. He discusses consumer...
- Grocers Outpace Drug Chains in Customer Service: Study. Alaimo, Dan // SN: Supermarket News;9/3/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 36, p40
The article reports that supermarkets with pharmacies are outpacing chain drug stores by many important customer-service measures, according to data presented by James Wilson, president, Wilson Health Information, during the Pharmacy and Technology Conference of the National Association of Chain...
- The Co-existence of Kirana Stores and Supermarkets: A Potential Possibility? Roy, Kisholoy // Journal of Marketing & Communication;Jan2012, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p64
Traditionally, kirana stores in the country have offered customers convenience of location. The neighborhood kiranawallahs have been successful in establishing a strong rapport with customers that have proved to be lucrative so far. However with the changing demographic profile and rising level...
- Promoting Seafood's Health Benefits. Webber, Liz // Supermarket News Expert Blog;3/11/2013, p2
The article focuses on the efforts and commitment of A&P supermarket to promote the health benefits of seafood and healthier meal choices. Information is given on the relaunching of the supermarket's seafood department with the debut of the retailer's "So Fresh , So Healthy and So Easy" slogan....
- The in-store shopping experience: A comparative study of supermarket and clothing store customers. Terblanche, N. S.; Boshoff, C. // South African Journal of Business Management;Dec2004, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p1
Various developments continually pressurise retailers to find new and innovative ways to differentiate themselves from competitors and adapt to ever-changing and accelerating environmental circumstances. Positioning based on customers' in-store shopping experience (ISE) offers retailers an...
- SHOPPER COMMENTS. // Checkout;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p71
The article offers comments from consumers regarding the performance of four fresh chain supermarkets in Dublin, Ireland. A consumer had a positive impression to Camden Street due to its environment, design, and service. A consumer in Smithfield stated that the supermarket has excellent products...