- Watching the market. Albright, Brian // Frontline Solutions;Dec2000, Vol. 1 Issue 13, p40
Focuses on the trends in the mobile computing market. Decline in the prices of hardware prices; Advent of high-speed wireless local area networks.
- Wireless LANs expand their range. Moore, Bert // Frontline Solutions;Mar2001, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the expansion of wireless local area networks (WLAN) mobile computing devices in the United states. Significance of interoperability standard to the WLAN revolution; Interference immunity of the hand-held computer terminal; Applications of WLAN to the office system.
- Wireless' Weakest Link. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;10/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p26
Discusses the importance of implementing security measures for the wireless local area networks (WLAN) of businesses. Concerns over the attitude of businesses towards their WLAN; Challenges presented by the issue to wireless security firms; Options for adding security features to a WLAN.
- Dual-mode wireless on deck. Neal, Chris // Communications News;Feb2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p6
This article focuses on the growing popularity of voice-over-wireless local are network (WLAN) integrated with corporate Internet Protocol private branch exchange known as dual-mode solutions among companies with highly mobile workforces. Dual-mode solutions provide employees with flexible...
- LAPTOP TOSHIBA PORTEGE R100. // Management Today;May2004, p31
This article presents information regarding the laptop computer Toshiba Portege R100 from Toshiba Corp. What people look for in a notebook computer these days is light weight and wireless LAN capability. This one is extremely light and very thin, the design assumes people will receive all their...
- Scuttlebutt. Smith, Rod // Las Vegas Business Press;10/02/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p3
Reports on various issues and developments concerning businesses in Las Vegas, Nevada, compiled as of October 2, 2000. Forecast increase in use of wireless local-area networks for business applications; Incidence of credit card fraud; Shortage of tequila.
- Swede Inspiration. Ankeny, Jason // Wireless Review;Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the wireless security and reliability offered by Columbitech to its enterprise wireless local area network technology. Features of Columbitech's wireless suite; Function of the company's always-on solution; Advantages offered by the solutions to the enterprise market.
- VoWLAN Could Hit Mainstream. // Business Communications Review;Dec2004, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p6
This article reports that according to a research by Infonetics Research Inc., business enterprises are planning to deploy voice over wireless local area networks (VoWLANs) in significant numbers. This research has found that more than a quarter of enterprises with WLANs expect to be running...
- Scottish wireless product community gets innovation centre. // Electronics Weekly;2/18/2004, Issue 2134, p1
A wireless innovation centre opens in Glasgow, Scotland, with the aim of providing development, test and support facilities for firms developing wireless products. The Wireless Innovation Centre at Hillington Park is supported by Scottish Enterprise and firms including Agilent, Cisco, Microsoft...