New IP Threat
- ATLANTA. Radcliff, Deb // Network World;2/5/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p27
The article reports that the sensors of the Internet Security System Inc.'s Global Threat Operations Center have detected potential vulnerabilities in its extensible markup language hypertext transfer protocol in November 2006 in Atlanta, Georgia. The zero-day attacks increased by 1.5% a month...
- Security Issues and Solutions in 3G Core Network. Xuena Peng; Yingyou Wen; Hong Zhao // Journal of Networks;May2011, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p823
Nowadays, the 3G network plays a very important role in mobile communication system. But the security concern of such network, especially the core network, is far from being satisfied. With the continuously development in the security enhancement in RAN, core network would become the future...
- Dynamic Threat Protection Platform. // Software World;Jul2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p23
Features Internet Security Systems Inc.'s unified Dynamic Threat Protection platform, which is designed to provide automatic protection for customers using Internet Protocol 6.0 (IPv6). Performance and security advantages of IPv6 over earlier versions; Intrusion protection capabilities.
- A new 'i' for Wi-Fi. Elliott, Christopher; Silver, Marc // U.S. News & World Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p79
Offers a look at software for travelers who use wireless Web access points. Protection of data from hackers; Use of Wi-Fi hot spots for accessing Internet; Measures for ensuring security while on the Internet.
- Protocols serve up VPN security. Marcotte, Greg // Network World;05/31/99, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p41
Features the virtual private network (VPN) protocols that network managers can consider to securely open corporate local area networks to telecommuters and disparate corporate sites. Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol; Internet protocol (IP) Security; PPP protocol that defines point-to-point...
- Realizing Distributed RSA Key Generation using VIFF. Mauland, Atle; Reistad, Tord Ingolf; Mjølsnes, Stig Frode // Norwegian Information Security Conference / Norsk Informasjonssi;Nov2009, p122
In this experimental work, we have implemented and analyzed the performance of a protocol for multiparty RSA key generation. All players that take part in the key generation protocol get a share of the resulting private key, while no player gets any information about the prime numbers used. We...
- Key to Wi-Fi security. Fleishman, Glenn // InfoWorld;1/13/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p29
Provides information on the Wi-Fi Protected Access security standard of the Wi-Fi Alliance in the U.S. Protocol used by the standard as a replacement for the Wired Equivalent Privacy; Features; Security methods on which vendors are focusing.
- Hackers, Script Kiddies and white-collar criminals. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;06/14/99, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on computer hackers who allegedly break security systems for malicious purposes. Vulnerability of businesses; Provision of firewalls by Internet service providers; Trend for companies to invest in security efforts.
- Inside job. Littman, Jonathan; Tynan, Daniel // PCWorld;Sep98, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p163
Discusses computer network security. The danger from external attacks and hackers; The rising number of computer-related security breaches in 1998; The multibillion dollar network security industry; Percentage of security breaches which come from within the company; Risk assessments of current...