News from Europe
- News from Europe. // Management Services;Sep2003, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p20
The article presents news briefs on management services and businesses in Europe as of September 2003. HM Customs and Excise have announced several cross-border value-added tax (VAT) changes, one of which changes the place of supply rules to comply with the electronic commerce directive. This...
- EuroGeographics signs Contract. // GEOInformatics;Sep2015, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p44
The article reports on a contract signed between the association EuroGeographics and the statistical office of the European Union, Eurostat under which pan-European geographic information will be provided by Eurogeographics. Topics include the contract allowing the European Commission to access...
- European Commission faces torrent of litigation from UK companies. Woolfe, Jeremy // Accountancy;Jan2004, Vol. 133 Issue 1325, p18
This article deals with the expectation of European Commission (EC) officials regarding a torrent of litigation from British companies in 2004. Legal action, which has already started, could follow from the inquiry into Eurostat in 2003. This showed that contracts had been handed out to a...
- EUROSTAT. // Europe: A Concise Encyclopedia;2004, p104
Information on the office known as Eurostat is presented. It compiles statistics provided by Member States for the purposes of European Commission. This includes research into the economic indicators measuring compliance with the Stability and Growth Pact. In 2003, the office's credibility was...
- EU energy imports still increasing. // Utility Week;7/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p17
The article focuses on a new Eurostat report which deals with the increasing dependence of the European Union (EU) on energy imports. According to the statistical agency of the EU, net imports into the EU increased by 2.4 percent in 2006, with overall energy dependence from non-EU sources rising...
- 2011 report: Spain lost $16.8 billion a year in VAT revenue through tax evasion, bankruptcies, loopholes. CARMONA, JOSÉ L.; Fajardo, Rosario // Caribbean Business;3/5/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p21
The article focuses on the report from Eurostat, the statistics office of the European Union (EU), which shows the $16.8 billion loss of Spain in value-added tax (VAT) revenue every year due to tax evasion, loopholes, and bankruptcies. Topics discussed include the debt of the Spanish central and...
- Hungary second in EU in growth of poverty risk. // Hungary A.M.;11/6/2014, p7
The article reports that Hungary ranked second to Greece in the pace of growth of the proportion of people at risk of poverty or social exclusion from 2008 to 2013 in the European Union as per the statistical agency, Eurostat.
- Why doesn't UK help its young farmers? // Farmers Weekly;4/5/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 14, p5
Presents information on a report from European Union statistics agency Eurostat on the use of funds in Brussels, Belgium to help young farmers. Amount spent by France to help the farmers; Information on the Fontainebleau agreement in Britain.
- Tourists Spent Less Nights In Europe. // AirGuide Business;3/1/2010, p2
The article reports on the report presented by Eurostat which reveals that tourists have opted to spend less nights in European Union (EU) in 2009 compared to its figure in 2008.