Credit Derivatives: Not Primarily a Hedge
- Fitch squeezes transparency out of trillion-dollar speakeasy. C.M.O. // Asset Securitization Report;3/17/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p6
Discusses the credit derivative survey of Fitch Ratings in the U.S. Influence of the financial arena on the state of the default environment; Diffusion of defaults in the capital markets; Analysis of unanticipated correlations of risk.
- Credit derivatives in Japan. Toyohara, Shinji; Raftery, Gavin // Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation;2003, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p369
The aim of this paper is to introduce waders to the legal and regulatory framework underlying the credit derivatives market in Japan. It includes a high-level discussion of current legal, regulatory and documentation issues in the Japanese market.
- Derivatives Expand Asian Beachhead. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/17/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the expansion of credit-derivatives market in Asia, in 2003. Causes of Asian investors' interests in credit derivatives; Reasons behind the growing popularity of credit derivatives; Statistics on the value of credit derivatives in the continent for the first quarter of the year;...
- MSKB's Jester Warns Derivatives Misuse Will Heighten Regulation. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p1
Reports on the warning of derivatives misuse in the municipal market by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board in Chicago, Illinois. Settlement of charges with the National Association of Securities Dealers; Activity of the self-regulatory organizations; Impact of heavy-handed regulation on...
- Credit Derivatives. Kiff, John; Morrow, Ron // Bank of Canada Review;Autumn2000, p3
Offers information on credit derivatives. Definition of credit derivatives; Types of credit derivatives; Market size and major participants in the credit derivatives market; How credit derivatives are used; Potential risks associated with credit derivatives. INSETS: The Regulatory...
- Credit Concerns Pump Credit Derivatives. Hintze, John // Bank Loan Report;3/12/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p1
Reports that worries about credit quality are prompting increased interest and activity in the credit derivatives market.
- New JV offers Credit Derivative Price Estimates. // Bank Loan Report;8/12/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p1
Focuses on Credit Accord, a service offered by the joint venture between CreditTrade and Totem Market Valuations which provides estimated prices of credit derivatives for banks.
- CDS Interest Prompts New Products. S.I. // Bank Loan Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the growth of the global credit derivatives market. Single name credit default swaps; Influence of corporate bankruptcies on the market for credit derivatives; Syndicated loan market.
- Credit Derivatives: Can a Growing Market Meet A Growing Challenge? Naqui, Nabeel // Bank Loan Report;7/07/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p3
Focuses on the definition of restructuring in the credit derivatives market. Types of restructuring; Choices on restructuring; Specification of the maximum maturity of the deliverable obligations.