Yank Has Merger In Mind in U.K
- Bondholders Acquire UK Cable Operator. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p24
Reports that bondholders have agreed to acquire a 97 percent in Great Britain-based cable television operator Telewest Communications. Terms under the restructuring plan.
- TeleWest's UK cable, phone subs grow dramatically. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/24/95, Vol. 125 Issue 17, p35
Reports on TeleWest's addition of cable television subscribers in Great Britain for the first quarter of 1995. Total number of subscribers in owned and operated franchises; Company's addition of residential telephony subscribers.
- HEALTHY FIRST QUARTER HELPS TELEWEST STOCK. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;8/3/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 45, p4
Reports on the increased profits of British cable operator Telewest Communications PLC for the first half of 2001. Increase in sales and number of subscribers.
- TELEWEST DIGITAL PLATFORM TEETERS. Robey, Tim // Variety;07/31/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 10, p21
Compares the financial conditions of cable television companies Telewest and BSkyB in Great Britain. Efforts of Telewest to sell off its television platform; Reason for the decreased share price value of Telewest; Finances of the two networks; Number of subscribers of the networks.
- Pros and cons of interactive cable. Carter, Ben // New Media Age;6/13/2002, p27
Presents information on the opportunities and disadvantages offered by interactive cable television (TV) services. Launch of the Broadband TV service from Telewest in May 2002; Concerns on advertisers running enhanced TV campaigns on cable TV; Criticisms of the lack of standardization across...
- Paramount boosts UK cable coverage. Johnson, Debra // Broadcasting & Cable;7/01/96, Vol. 126 Issue 28, p58
Reports on Paramount Channel's clinching of a significant cable-carriage deal with TeleWest Communications PLC. Details of the deal.
- Videos! On MTV! McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;08/31/98, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p4
Reports that after Music Television (MTV) restructured its non-music and music themed programming, it hired outside music consultant Tom Calderone as its senior vice president in August 1998. Type of videos that the company is working on; Job reduction that was part of the network's...
- New dance card at MTV. // MediaWeek;9/26/94, Vol. 4 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the restructuring of MTV's top management.
- Telemundo set to polish Gems. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;05/22/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 59, p7
Reports the reorganization of Gems network by Telemundo in New York. Announcement of reorganization by Telemundo executives; Focus of the Mun2 channel; Details on the marketing agreement entered into by the firm in Miami.