Old Age in America
- Toward a rewarding life in old age. Henderson, Zorika Petic // Human Ecology;Winter93, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p15
Tackles the strategies on how to improve the odds of a rewarding life in old age. Social involvement; Protective effects of role versatility; Starting savings and investments programs early in life; Housing options for independent living; Benefits to the elderly of housing alternatives.
- Seniors in the marketplace. Fletcher, Susan // Canadian Business Review;Winter90, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p36
Presents information on how the ageing population affects consumer market. Characteristics of older consumer; Some of the needs and problems of older consumers as well as solutions identified by the business community. INSET: Natinal advisory...
- Elderhood. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;10/5/94, Vol. 111 Issue 27, p911
Reflects on elder wisdom and elderhood. Book `Elder Wisdom: Crafting Your Own Elderhood,' by Eugene C. Bianchi; Joy of life lived.
- Growing old. Collier, Shayne // Australia's Parents;Feb/Mar98, Issue 103, p114
Presents the views of preschoolers on the topic of growing old.
- Preparing for old age. // Ardell Wellness Report;Spring92, Issue 28, p8
Presents a humorous look at how to prepare for old age. Making lists of important facts; Thinking positive; How memory loss can be beneficial; More.
- Turning 50 can be fabulous. Nelson, Judy // Lesbian News;Oct95, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p48
Focuses on the author's worries on turning 50 years old. Intellectual and emotional coasting; Recognition for the age group.
- Fringe benefits. Ward, Colin // New Statesman & Society;1/13/95, Vol. 8 Issue 335, p28
Provides insights on growing old. Inability of old people to remember events that happened recently; Ability of people to remember events long time ago; Italian Giuseppe Verdi as a model for the use of time in old age.
- Autumn on campus. Willimon, William H. // Christian Century;12/03/97, Vol. 114 Issue 34, p1116
Presents a reflection on getting old. Byproduct of working at a college; Acute consciousness of aging; Psalm about the numbering of days.
- Phenomena, comment and notes. Wiley Jr., J.P. // Smithsonian;May90, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the latest advice from scientists on the path to a longer, healthier life. Good news includes eating frequently; Napping in the afternoon; And, taking it easy exercising.
- Eureka. Hollis-Triantafillou, Judith // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/1/95, Vol. 311 Issue 6996, p65
Focuses on the author's experience as a participant in a European study of services for older people in Greece. Sociomedical survey of people in several areas of rural Greece; Study of family care of dependent older people; Transcription of interviews.