Dehydroepiandrosterone: Is There a Role for Replacement?
- DHEA what's all the fuss about? // MidLife Woman;Dec96, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), which is the most abundant steriod hormone in the body. Importance of DHEA not clear to researchers; Effects of estrogen to an antrogen in others; Effects of DHEA on women; Detailed information on DHEA.
- DHEA: Not ready for prime time. Schardt, David; Schmidt, Stephen // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p3
Focuses on the effectiveness of dehydroepiandrosterone as a food supplement. Description of the drug; Benefits of the drug; Description of the claims made on the drug. INSETS: Is DHEA safe?.;Pssst! Wanna hormone?..
- DHEA: The new, controversial, over-the-counter hormone. Sahelian, Ray // Total Health;Aug96, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p39
Focuses on the use of the hormone dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). Safety and efficacy of DHEA; Therapeutic applications; Side effects.
- Hormone replacement for men. Weksler, Marc E. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/6/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7035, p859
Reports on the possibility of hormone replacement for men using dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), a hormone produced by the adrenal gland and circulates as its water soluble sulphate. Capacity of DHEA to slow down the aging process; Clinical evidence and support studies on the efficacy of DHEA;...
- DHEA & prostate cancer. Bucci, Luke // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec97, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p145
Presents information on the availability of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) supplements, since 1995. Role of DHEA in the body; Ability of DHEA to raise testosterone levels; Citing of research conducted at Johns Hopkins University, in Baltimore, Maryland on DHEA, and prostate cancer; Detailed...
- DHEA replacement after menopause? Too early to tell. // Patient Care;6/15/1997, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p147
Focuses on dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), a hormone used to retard aging. Compositions; Mechanism of actions; Speculation on its work either as antiglucocorticoid or an estrogen analog in men and a weak androgen in women; Lack of proof of DHEA efficacy based from clinical trials; Appropriate...
- A review of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). Shealy, C. Norman // Integrative Physiological & Behavioral Science;Sep-Dec95, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p308
Presents information on dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). Where DHEA can be found; Key physiological aspects of DHEA; Decline of DHEA with age; Benefits of DHEA replacement therapy; Details on international conference on DHEA hosted by New York Academy of Science; Reference material.
- DHEA--the hormone of youth? R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;03/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p92
Presents background information on dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). Implications of a decrease in DHEA production; Aging and DHEA production.
- Living longer, living better. Klatz, Ronald; Goldman, Robert // Total Health;Dec96, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p46
Introduces Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) wonder drug. DHEA and it's role in maintaining body's youth; Effects of replacing DHEA to levels of our youth; Several important facts when considering a DHEA supplementation.