Nonhepatosplenic Extramedullary Hematopoiesis: Associated Diseases, Pathology, Clinical Course, and Treatment
- Myelodysplasia presenting as thoracic spinal epidural extramedullary hematopoiesis: a rare treatable cause of spinal cord myelopathy. Monti, Lucia; Romano, Daniele; Gozzetti, Alessandro; Pietro, Giovanni; Miracco, Clelia; Cerase, Alfonso // Skeletal Radiology;May2012, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p611
We present clinical, magnetic resonance imaging, and pathological findings of a 61-year-old patient with an otherwise asymptomatic myelodysplastic syndrome presenting with progressive paraparesis from epidural thoracic spinal extramedullary hematopoiesis. Surgical spinal cord decompression...
- The history of Guttmann's and Whitteridge's discovery of autonomic dysreflexia. Silver, J R // Spinal Cord;Oct2000, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p581
Spinal Cord (2000) 38, 581â€“596.
- Neurological deterioration years after closure of myelomeningocoele — `the second lesion'. Macarthur, D C; Punt, J A; Spencer, M; Douglas, D L; White, B D; Holland, I M // Spinal Cord;Jan2001, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p11
Spinal Cord (2001) 39, 11â€“14.
- Repeated treatment with rituximab based on the assessment of peripheral circulating memory B cells in patients with relapsing neuromyelitis optica over 2 years. // Current Medical Literature: Multiple Sclerosis;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p26
An abstract of a paper on relapsing neuromyelitis optica is presented.
- SURVIVAL AND CAUSES OF DEATH AFTER TRAUMATIC SPINAL CORD INJURIES IN THE WESTERN PART OF NORWAY. Hagen, EM; Rekand, T; Gronning, M // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;Mar2008, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p343
An abstract of the article "Survival and Causes of Death After Traumatic Spinal Cord Injuries in the Western Part of Norway," is presented.
- hemisyndrome. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1041
A definition of the term "hemisyndrome" which refers a lesion of the spinal cord is presented.
- leukomyelopathy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1328
A definition of the term "leukomyelopathy" which refers to disease involving the spinal cord's white matter is presented.
- Lichtheim's syndrome. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1333
A definition of the term "Lichtheim's syndrome" which refers to the degeneration of the spinal cord linked with pernicious anemia is presented.
- meningism. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1439
A definition of the term "meningism," which refers to a meningitis-like irritation of the spinal cord and brain without inflammation, is presented.