Denver Mayor: United Rejected $10 Million Offer to Give Gates to Frontier
- Air China, Beijing Bet On Business Aviation. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/13/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 34, p15
The article focuses on the expansion of Air China's business aircraft operation at Beijing Capital International Airport. It states that Air China's expansion will be partly owned and financed by the Beijing city government, and that Beijing is expected to supply tax concessions and cheap land....
- Russian Roulette. Komarov, Alexey // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/27/2008, Vol. 169 Issue 16, p47
This article reveals the plan of a government-backed consortium to merge several unhealthy carriers into a new megacarrier. The large state-controlled Russian Technologies company and the Moscow city government announced the formation of the managing company, tentatively dubbed Airlines of...
- Bridging the Gulf. Garvey, William; Francis, Leithen // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 12, p35
The article discusses two agreements which were signed by aircraft manufacturer Cessna and the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) and its related companies in March 2012. Under the first agreement, a joint venture is established to pursue general aviation development projects in...
- IOWA: Merger Push. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p37
Focuses on the proposal of a citizens' group in Iowa to merge the governments of Des Moines and Polk in the state. Signatures that the group is expected to present to Polk County Board of supervisors to review their proposal; Suggestions by the mayor of Des Moines, Preston Daniels, regarding...
- Top municipalities. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/20/93, Vol. 40 Issue 51, LI Book of Lists `94 p69S
Lists the top municipalities in Long Island, New York according to payroll costs per resident as of November 1, 1993. Town; Cost per resident; Resident/employee ratio; 1992 payroll and projected figures for 1993.
- Top municipalities. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/30/95, Vol. 42 Issue 44, p36
Presents statistical information on the top municipalities in Long Island, New York.
- East Hampton tops ranking. CF // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/30/95, Vol. 42 Issue 44, p36
Reports that Long Island's top municipality ranked by LIBNews is the town of East Hampton with statistics of their cost per resident and total payrolls. Who occupies second position.
- Partnerships, Business Elites and Urban Politics: New Forms of Governance in an English City? Bassett, Keith // Urban Studies (Routledge);Apr96, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p539
This paper begins with a review of the conditions which have led to a proliferation of partnership arrangements in English cities and the related emergence of new business e lites with interests in urban policy-making. The paper reviews a series of recent studies of these phenomena and comments...
- It's not just Washington. Boo, K. // Washington Monthly;Jan89, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p37
Poor children everywhere who rely on city services face the dangers of bureaucratic apathy and incompetence. But no matter what happens rarely is anyone fired or even transferred for negligences. Reports of children who have been abused by the bureaucratic system.