California Fund Officials Blast NYSE, Call for Investor Participation
- Unfit and improper. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;3/3/2003, p21
Reports on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange's (JSE) implementation of measures of improve corporate governance in South Africa. Problems in corporate governance among local firms; JSE requirements for listed companies.
- The TSE corporate governance report: Disappointing. Thain, Donald H. // Business Quarterly;Autumn94, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p76
Focuses on the Toronto Stock Exchange committee report on corporate governance in Canada. Main recommendations; Questions in corporate governance; Shortfalls in research method; Requirements for comprehensive study; Problems on why boards fail; Vision of an ideal board; Criteria for choosing...
- Reports could shake up Canadian boards. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 15 Issue 88, p25
Reports on criticisms to a report on the quality of Canadian corporate governance. Draft from Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE) Committee on Corporate Governance in Canada; Recommended guidelines for boards; Expected release of TSE Committee report's final version.
- A new era for Canadian boards. Matthews, R. B. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 16 Issue 94, p21
Looks at the corporate governance guidelines issued for the Toronto Stock Exchange. Increased accountability of boards to shareholders; Increased accountability of management to the board; Possibility that this will become a pattern for companies in the United States.
- Governance Challenges Of Younger Companies. Fowler, Stephen; Woan, Jeremy // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 23 Issue 132, p22
Focuses on the governance challenges of younger companies. Valuation of the stock market; Job description of any senior management position; Action plan for board renewal.
- Regulating Corporate Governance Through the Market: Comparing the Approaches of the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Burke, Kerry Shannon // Journal of Corporation Law;Spring2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p341
Examines the effect of the stock exchange market on corporate governance in the United States, Canada and Great Britain. Role of stock exchanges in regulating the Anglo-American systems; Influence of historical and cultural differences on the effectiveness of corporate governance listing rules;...
- A new era in corporate governance. Conner, Carolyn // Canadian Business Review;Autumn95, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on corporate governance in Canada. Formation of the Toronto Stock Exchange Committee on Corporate Governance in Canada in 1993; Impact of changes in the global economy on Canada; Adoption of Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE) guidelines; Duties and responsibilities of directors; Composition...
- Exchanges Okay Tough Listing Rules. Ha, Michael // Investment Management Weekly;8/26/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p5
Provides information on the approval of a number of measures in corporate governance standards by stock exchange Nasdaq.
- Whiter than white? B � rub �, G � rard // CA Magazine;Mar2002, Vol. 135 Issue 2, p7
Discusses changes in corporate governance in Canada. Redefinition of the concepts of transparency and independence; Number of corporate governance guidelines adopted by the Toronto Stock Exchange; Details of the November 2001 report of the Securities Industry Committee on Analyst Standards...