Parents Tuition Credit
- MISSISSIPPI. M. O. // Hill;6/26/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 76, p12
The article reports on the plan of the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) to tie former Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove to corruption.
- Miss. Governor Submits Budget With Shortfall Fix; Rating Agencies Watchful. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p4
Reports on Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove's budget proposal. Proposed reduction in government spending; Legislators' reactions to Musgrove's proposal.
- 2-Year Bachelor's Could Solve Nursing Dilemma. Garmon, John // Community College Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p4
Deals with the plan of Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove to prioritize the educational needs of the state's community colleges. Details on the community college years of Musgrove and his wife, Melanie; Political career of Musgrove.
- Governor wants budget input. // State Government News;Oct2000, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p8
Reveals that Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove has presented budget recommendations to the Joint Legislative Budget Committee. Who controls the budgeting process.
- Mississippi Gov. Promises Veto of Reserve Spending Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31606, p4
Mississippi legislators on March 31, 2003 used much of the state's reserves to build the 3.6 billion dollar budget for fiscal 2004, a move which potentially places pressure on the state's credit rating. Governor Ronnie Musgrove said he would veto the Legislature's budget plan, setting the stage...
- Mississippi Governor Calls for Special `Prosperity' Session. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p4
Reports on Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove's call for a special legislative session to be held on August 28, 2000, to discuss an economic development plan. Aim of the economic initiative; Musgrove's call for improving basic infrastructure, transportation, and information to support...
- Mississippi: Wicker tops Musgrove in second quarter. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;7/17/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 83, p18
The article reports on the success of Senator Roger Wicker in outraising his rival Governor Ronnie Musgrove by $200,000, allowing him to keep his seat in Mississippi.
- Tax Credits for College Tuition. HEALY, TIMOTHY S. // America;4/22/1978, Vol. 138 Issue 15, p323
The author comments on the impact of two proposals that allow tuition tax credits for college students in the U.S. The bill proposed by Republican Senator William V. Roth of Delaware will allow families a $250 credit for each tuition-paying student in college. The Packwood-Moynihan bill provides...
- Credit Where Credit Is Due. Hamburg Coplan, Jill // Baby Talk;Apr2001, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p75
Presents information on several tax relief benefits for parents with children born in the United States in 2000. Child Tax credit; Child and Dependent Care tax credit; Credit for adoption-related expenses.