- New Proving Grounds For DaimlerChrysler. Sherman, Don // Automotive Industries;Jul99, Vol. 179 Issue 7, p23
Features the automobile testing facility of DaimlerChrysler AG in Papenburg, Germany. Information on the facility.
- Fruits of the merger. Woodyard, Michael // Automotive News;8/7/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5887, p25i
Focuses on DaimlerChrysler's Toledo Jeep car factory in Toledo, Ohio, as of August 7, 2000. Features of the plant's production process; Use of German manufacturing technology adapted to an American work force.
- DCX expanding in Alabama. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;8/28/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5890, p3
Reports on DaimlerChrysler's plan to expand its Mercedes-Benz car factory in Vance, Alabama, as of August 28, 2000. Details of the planned expansion of the Vance factory; Background on the car company's operations in North America.
- DaimlerChrysler engine plant focuses on PLCs. Fleszar, Mark // Control Engineering;May99, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p105
Discusses DaimlerChrysler AG's extensive use of automation architecture at its new Mack Avenue Engine Plant in Detroit, Michigan. Benefits to plant operation of emphasis on programmable logic controllers; Specifications of the facility's network communications and control system.
- Gravity-Fed Parts Handling System Improves Engine Plant's Kit-Making Process. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Oct2000, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p35
Reports on the improvement of DaimlerChrysler AG engine plant's kit-making process. Production levels at the company's Kenosha Engine Plant; User of the Ergo Tilt Veyor workstation.
- DAIMLERCHRYSLER TO BUILD BILLION-DOLLAR PLANT EXPANSION. Angelo, William J. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/26/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 25, p24
Reports that DaimlerChrysler Canada plans to expand and modernize its Pillette Assembly Plant in Windsor, Ontario. Cost of the project; Expected completion date; General contractor for the expansion project.
- DCX may end minivan output in Graz. Ostle, Dorothee // Automotive News;1/15/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5912, p46
Reports that DaimlerChrysler AG may end minivan production in Europe and shift it to North America. Filling of unused capacity in North America; Surplus production capacity at the Eurostar plant.
- DCX: Keep plant methods simple. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;9/4/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5892, p28
Focuses on the methods for building and expanding automobile plants in the United States adopted by DaimlerChrysler AG. Examples of the American-based projects undertaken by the company; Strategies for customizing operations; Importance of flexibility in building the plants.
- DaimlerChrysler puts its money where its plants are. // Automotive Engineer;Oct99, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the expansion program of DaimlerChrysler AH for the engine plant in Wisconsin. Determination of business analysis and economic facts on decision making; Amount intended for the expansion; Development and upgrading systems.