Full Steam Ahead
- MEAG at work on $35 million fiber-optic network. Cohen, Jodi B. // Bond Buyer;02/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30330, p48
Reports on the Georgia Municipal Electric Authority's construction of a fiber-optic telecommunications network, as part of efforts to capitalize on the value of its existing power-line rights of way. Objectives in building the network; Funding of the project; Plans to use bonds in the project.
- DOE Finalizes Last of Loan Guarantees for Vogtle Project. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/6/2015, Vol. 275 Issue 1, p5
New York State bans fracking, at least for now.
- Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;06/17/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30416, p8
Reports that the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia has declared that electric deregulation will not affect the agency until the year 2002. Electricity costs; Focus on maintaining its competitive prices and reducing its $3.7 billion debt; Release of two tax-exempt refundings; Variable-rate...
- Negotiated Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33645, p14
A table is presented which provides data on the negotiated bond offerings of several countries and government agencies including Georgia Municipal Electric Authority, Phoenix Industrial Development Authority, and North Carolina.
- Negotiated Bond Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;12/9/2015, p1
A table is presented which offers information on several negotiated bond sales in the U.S. as of December 7, 2015 including Kaweah Delta Health Care District, Woodland Davis Clean Water Agency, and Georgia Municipal Electric Authority.
- Vogtle Electric Generating Plant, Units 3 and 4; Issuance of Combined Licenses and Limited Work Authorizations and Record of Decision. Tonacci, Mark // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;2/29/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 40, p12332
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission regarding issuance of combined licenses to Southern Nuclear Operating Co., Oglethorpe Power Corp., Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia and the City of Dalton, Georgia for construction and operation...
- Public Power Plans. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p35
The article reports on the Omaha Public Power District's plan to issue 200 million dollar of debt as part of a larger financing for an additional power station in Nebraska. The sale as approved by the board of directors and is expected to come to market in May 2006. It is a part of a larger...
- California Power Agency Readies First Three Offerings. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31376, p44
Reports the bond financing plans of California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority. Approval of the agreement to construct and operate power plant; Issuance of tax-exempt industrial development bonds; Plan to re-market the bonds.
- Peach State Power Play. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p1
Reports the decision of the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia to sell revenue bonds. Inclusion of the fixed rate bonds in the sale; Importance of the proceeds in the power plant projects; View of investors on the sale.
- South Carolina Agency to Issue $325M for Santee Cooper Plant. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p1
Reports the plan of the South Carolina Public Service Authority to sell revenue refunding bonds to finance the Santee Cooper power plant in South Carolina. Details on the mode of the bond; Influence of the market condition on the amount of the deal; Information on the financial adviser.