- Congress Hands New President A Record $42 Billion Education Budget. // Educational Marketer;01/08/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p8
Presents information on the increase in the budget for education in the United States for 2001.
- States Face Tighter Money, Energy Crises In Plotting Budgets. // Educational Marketer;02/05/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p6
Looks at the challenges faced by educational publishers in line with the tightening budget of United States states for textbook funding efforts.
- Education at a glance. // Education Quarterly Review;2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p49
Provides a series of social, economic and education indicators for Canada. Characteristics of the student and staff populations; Educational attainment; Public expenditures on education; Labor force employed in education.
- Paige, Congress Tap Improvement Fund For Wish List Items. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;11/14/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p1
Reports the appropriations for the improvement of education in the United States. Rationale of the Fund for the Improvement of Education by the United States Congress; Mechanics of fund dispersal by the Department of Education; Controversies surrounding the availability and dispersal of the...
- Changes in State Fiscal Conditions And Appropriations for Educations. // Education Week;10/10/1984, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p11
A chart is presented that depicts changes in state appropriations for education in the U.S.
- Emphasis on education extends to appropriations bill. // South Carolina Business Journal;Jul98, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p13
States that education took first spot on the list of priorities for the General Assembly, which was made evident in the $4.9 billion 1998-1999 appropriations bill. Emphasis on scholarships and class sizes; Requirements of tax credit; Reference to the approval by the General Assembly in 1996 of...
- New year heralds a grim new dawn for learners. Freeman, John // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;1/11/2011, p17
In this article, the author discusses the cuts in public spending which gained squeals of anguish on the areas of education maintenance allowances (EMAs), music education, and capital spending.
- Public Expenditure. // Basic Skills Bulletin;7/1/2013, Issue 129, p8
The article provides an answer to a question on the success of plans of Education Department related to public expenditure.
- Government may ringfence councils' schools spending. Broom, Douglas // Public Finance;11/03/95, p2
Reports plans of the government to ringfence schools spending in Great Britain. Aims of stopping councils from spending extra government funding on other services; Importance of the plan to create a national spending formula for schools; Relevance on community care funding.