- Special Session Called for Alabama Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32170, p4
Reports that Alabama governor Bob Riley called a special session of the Legislature beginning July 19, 2005 to pass the state's general fund budget.
- Alabama's Riley Wants Special Session on Ethics Reform. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/7/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33428, p4
The article reports that Alabama Governor Bob Riley has urged a special session of the Legislature to discuss the ethics reform that he has sought, but failed to pass, during his eight years in office.
- Alabama Governor Vows More for Education, But No New Taxes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32063, p7
This article reports on the spending for education in Alabama. The Alabama governor Bob Riley pledged to continue government reform and to increase spending on education, but not to raise taxes. No hard budget numbers were unveiled in Riley's speech to the Legislature except that the governor...
- State Puts Curbs on JeffCo. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/22/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33304, p9
The article reports on the approval of Alabama Governor Bob Riley on the bill which places strict requirements on the issuance of debt and use of swaps in Jefferson County.
- Alabama governor says faith drives tax reform. Smietana, Bob // National Catholic Reporter;8/01/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 35, p10
Reports on the tax reform proposed by Governor Bob Riley in Alabama. Provisions of the proposal; Role of the Catholic Church in getting the proposed tax reform approved; Capacity of the proposal to fill the state's financial deficits. INSET: Related Web Sites.
- Veto Overturned. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/19/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32136, p35
The article reports that Alabama Governor Bob Riley vetoed the 5.2 billion dollars state education budget, but lawmakers quickly overrode the veto and went home shortly before midnight without passing a general fund budget. Riley, whose veto took place on the last day of the regular session,...
- Bond Review Disclosure. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/4/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33126, p9
The article announces the passage of SB 393 which will strengthen bond issuance disclosure requirements for Alabama counties in June 2009. SB 393 has already been signed by Governor Bob Riley and is an attempt to address the financial troubles in Jefferson County. SB 393 will require all...
- State legislatures supporting agriculture. Hollis, Paul L. // Southeast Farm Press;8/5/2009, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p5
The article reports that the House Bill 473, a catfish labeling bill was signed into law by Governor Bob Riley in Alabama. Rules related to the new law will be developed by the Alabama Department of Public Health. Moreover, Alabama Catfish Producers agreed to provide free signs, menus stickers...
- Dropped Coils Lead Alabama Officials to Impose New Steel Hauling Regs. // Metal Center News;Jun2009, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p17
The article reports on the effect of the steel coil accident to the enforcement of the steel hauling regulations in Birmingham, Alabama. The rolling of the steel coil down the interstate highway has lead to the implementation of the Steel Coil bill which was signed by Bob Riley, the governor in...