Illinois Lining Up Firms to Work With Soon-to-Be-Born Finance Authority
- Regulators' role seen crucial as world's economies entwine. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;9/19/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 180, p2
Reports on the pressure on financial regulators to avoid policy errors that could be detrimental to the financial services industry. Federal Reserve Board's proposal to raise the limit on commercial underwriting for banking company affiliates; Issue of the growing gap between the rich and poor.
- Nic Cicutti: We need a brave and tough regulator. // Fundweb;4/11/2013, p6
The article presents a blog related to financial industry regulators.
- ...Regulator as advocate. // ABA Banking Journal;Sep83, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p176
Tackles the characteristics of financial regulatory agencies. Overview of a conference on financial services regulation.
- Rewriting the rules. Williams, Perry // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/20/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 29, p4
The article considers the decision of Qatar to unify all of its financial services authorities in a single regulator. The move will help it close the gap on Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Bahrain. After decades of reform, Qatar has followed up on its long-awaited promise to harmonize its...
- What Overlap? Regulators Defend Current Structure . Brower, Brooke A. // American Banker;2/25/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 37, p4
Reports that the U.S. Federal Reserve Board and the Treasury Department had supported for the use of multiple agencies to govern the U.S. financial services industry. Factors that led to the proposed changes in jurisdictions of regulatory agencies; Prominence of consolidations among retail...
- A CONSUMER'S VIEW. Bourke, Lorna // Money Marketing;2/28/2002, p36
Focuses on the depolarization at the Financial Services Agency in Great Britain. Rationalization of retail financial services; Difficulty in regulating financial companies; Implementation of the Financial Services Act.
- The quiet revolution. Barry, Tony // Credit Management;Jun2001, p20
Focuses on the developments and transformation in Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) in London, England. Launch of a financial complaint handling service; Implication of the passage of the Financial Services and Markets Act for FOS; Structural reorganization within the agency; Goals and mission...
- Calendar. // Bond Buyer;8/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32442, p13
The article cites government agencies requesting for financial services including arbitrage services for the Kentucky Infrastructure Authority, underwriting services for Washington State University, financial advisory services for the City of Aurora, Colorado and bond counsel services for the...
- State Insurance Regulators Work to Keep Role. Friedman, Amy S. // American Banker;10/23/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 203, p1
Reports that state insurance commissioners are reaching out to federal banking and securities regulators trying to forge deals on divvying up the work should a financial conglomerate run into financial trouble. Concerns on Congress' next step in modernizing the laws governing financial services;...