Growing Fitch Expands Into New N.Y.C. Office
- The Return of AAA Banks. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/24/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 45, p14
Reports that the potential of a return to a top tier of AAA-rated banks is causing a clash of opinions in rating agency analysts that cover the banking industry. AAA-rating candidates; Requirements for banks to win Standard & Poor's top rating; Top banks that had AAA status in the 1980s.
- Cook County, Ill., Selling $300M Mix of Variable-Rate Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p3
Reports that Cook County, Illinois will sell $300 million of variable-rate debt on the municipal bond market on August 10, 2004. Uses of the proceeds of the bonds; Investment banks involved in the deal; County credit ratings given by Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- Investors To Rating Agencies: Rate The Middlemen. R. K. // High Yield Report;1/5/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the request of the investors to rating agencies, that they should rate agent banks involved in business deals in response to the investment banking collapse in the U.S. It states that some investors are worried because agent banks are responsible for distributing payments...
- A.M. Best closes Canadian office. // Canadian Underwriter;Feb2003, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p52
Reports on the action taken by the rating agency A. M. Best to close down its office in Toronto, Ontario from June 2003, with all activities transferred to the company's U.S. head office located in Oldwick, New Jersey. Reason behind the move of the company; Background on the establishment of...
- THE RISK FALLACY. Prins, Nomi // Fortune;11/10/2008, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p112
This article discusses the failure of the risk management mechanisms in the financial services industry. The belief on the part of investment banks that dividing debt among a series of collateralized obligations would eliminate the risk of loss in the event of default on that debt is noted. The...
- Loan CDS Proposed Standard Docs Released. K. K. // High Yield Report;2/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the notion of establishing standard documentation for credit default swaps (CDS) referencing secured loans in the U.S. The rating agencies and other players in the credit derivatives and syndicated loan markets have had the opportunity to review and comment on the...
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32453, p2
Corrections to the articles on the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority and on the Ocean County, New Jersey Utilities Authority that were published in the August 24, 2006 issue are presented.
- New Hires: A.G. Edwards Reopens Houston Public Finance Office. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;2/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31332, p6
Reports that A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc., the Saint Louis-based investment bank, has reopened its public finance office in Houston, Texas. Details pertaining to the office staff; Comments of the director of the public finance department at A.G. Edwards regarding the appointment of health care...
- Banking on a political decision. // Estates Gazette;5/19/2012, Issue 1220, p70
The article discusses the views of several individuals with the decision to locate the Green Investment Bank headquarters in Edinburgh, Scotland. Some people say that finance and investment skills, as well as politics have contributed in securing the deal. Ian Cody of Hermes Real Estate...