AXA's Purchase of MONY Group Not Expected to Change Advest
- Axa Financial Makes Offer Of $1.5 Billion for MONY Group. // Best's Review;Oct2003, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p117
Reports on the plan of Axa Financial Inc. to acquire MONY Group Inc. Role in boosting Axa Financial's retail insurance and annuity distribution reach; Comment of Axa Financial chief executive officer Christopher Condron regarding the acquisition deal.
- Mony Meeting on Axa Deal Postponed. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;2/20/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 34, p9
New York-based Mony Group Inc. announced on Wednesday that it had postponed a February 24 meeting at which stockholders were to vote on the insurance and investment company's deal to be sold to Axa Financial Inc. The announcement came the day after the Delaware Court of Chancery issued an...
- MONY Shareholders Approve AXA Offer. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/24/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 20, p7
Reports on the acquisition deal between insurers MONY Group Inc. and AXA Financial Inc. in the U.S. Difficulty of MONY to compete in the life insurance market; Payment of AXA for per share of MONY common stocks; Goal of AXA to expand its retail insurance and annuity distribution networks.
- Axa Financial to Purchase Mony for $1.5B. // American Banker;9/18/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 180, p2
Reports that Axa Financial Inc. will buy Mony Group Inc. in a cash deal of $1.5 billion. Data from the press release announcing the deal; Background on Axa and its assets; Amount of Mony's assets.
- MONY Takeout: Vote's Delayed, What's Next? Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the acquisition of insurance and financial services company MONY Group Inc. by AXA Financial Inc. in the U.S. Amount of the acquisition; Information on a court injunction to delay a shareholder vote on the AXA transaction; Effect of the merger on the shares of MONY.
- MONY takeover delayed by judge's order. O'Connor, Colleen M. // Private Placement Letter;2/23/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the delay in the takeover of the MONY Group by AXA Financial due to a court order. Lowering of MONY ratings by Standard and Poor's; Initial schedule for shareholder vote on the planned $1.5 billion takeover; Requirement that MONY disclose more information on the $90 million of...
- MONY Stockholders Vote Approval Of Proposed AXA Financial Merger. // Insurance Advocate;5/24/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 20, p38
Reports on the announcement by the MONY Group Inc. that its stockholders voted to approve the proposed merger with AXA Financial at a special meeting of stockholders in New York. Certification of voting results; Comments of MONY Group chairman Michael I. Roth.
- MONY And AXA Change Deal Terms. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/1/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p7
Reports that shareholder pressure has pushed the MONY Group Inc., New York, and AXA Financial Inc., to change the terms of the merger agreement. Agreement between AXA Financial and Mony to pay MONY managers multimillion dollars in change in control (CIC) compensation; Response of the members of...
- MONY Wins TRO Against Dissident Stockholders' Groups. // Insurance Advocate;2/16/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 6, p41
Announces the approval of MONY Group Inc.'s motion for a temporary restraining order against Highfields Capital Management LP, Longleaf Partners Small Cap Fund and Southern Asset Management Inc. by the U.S. District Court. Aim of MONY to prevent the three stockholders from violating proxy...