AXA's Purchase of MONY Group Not Expected to Change Advest
- Axa Financial Makes Offer Of $1.5 Billion for MONY Group. // Best's Review;Oct2003, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p117
Reports on the plan of Axa Financial Inc. to acquire MONY Group Inc. Role in boosting Axa Financial's retail insurance and annuity distribution reach; Comment of Axa Financial chief executive officer Christopher Condron regarding the acquisition deal.
- Mony Meeting on Axa Deal Postponed. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;2/20/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 34, p9
New York-based Mony Group Inc. announced on Wednesday that it had postponed a February 24 meeting at which stockholders were to vote on the insurance and investment company's deal to be sold to Axa Financial Inc. The announcement came the day after the Delaware Court of Chancery issued an...
- MONY Shareholders Approve AXA Offer. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/24/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 20, p7
Reports on the acquisition deal between insurers MONY Group Inc. and AXA Financial Inc. in the U.S. Difficulty of MONY to compete in the life insurance market; Payment of AXA for per share of MONY common stocks; Goal of AXA to expand its retail insurance and annuity distribution networks.
- Axa Financial to Purchase Mony for $1.5B. // American Banker;9/18/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 180, p2
Reports that Axa Financial Inc. will buy Mony Group Inc. in a cash deal of $1.5 billion. Data from the press release announcing the deal; Background on Axa and its assets; Amount of Mony's assets.
- Some Money Managers Pan AXA/MONY Deal. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/22/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 38, p3
No abstract available.
- Potential MONY grabbers unlikely to best AXA offer. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;9/22/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p4
When it comes to making money for its investors, Mony Group Inc. has long been missing more than just a vowel. Adding insult to injury the firm announced that it would accept a bid from French insurer AXA Financial Inc. to purchase the company for $31 per share, a premium of less than 6% to its...
- Mony Deal Vote Brightens Moody's View. // American Banker;5/20/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 97, p10
Moody's Investors Service has changed the direction of its rating review of Mony Group Inc. and Mony Life Insurance Co. to "review for possible upgrade," from "direction uncertain." The revision reflects Mony shareholders' approval on Tuesday of the purchase bid by Axa Financial Inc. Mony Group...
- War Over AXA/MONY Deal Heats Up. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/16/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p49
Reports on AXA Financial's agreement to acquire the MONY Group Inc. Price per share; Opportunity for MONY shareholders to vote on AXA's offer; Efforts of Highfields Capital Management LP to mail MONY shareholders a copy of the deal proxy.
- Mony CEO Under Fire for Low Axa Deal Price. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;9/19/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 181, p9
Axa Financial Inc.'s planned purchase of the Mony Group Inc. for $1.5 billion in cash would make the combined company the No. 1 provider of variable life insurance and the No. 4 provider of variable annuities in the United States if, of course, their shareholders let them go through with it. Axa...