Estimated Cost of Internet-Tax Moratorim Bill Debated
- ALL GOOD THINGS…. Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;Jan2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the legislation requiring the collection of taxes on the exchange of digital goods in European Union countries. Collection of Value Added Tax; Need of companies to upgrade the electronic commerce system to handle the demand of taxes; Details of the policy.
- Internet-ation without taxation. // Electronic News;08/10/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2231, p54
Reports on the approval of the California Internet Tax Freedom Act by the state legislature. Need for the approval by Governor Pete Wilson; Reaction of the high technology industry to the legislation.
- 'Net tax ban called drain on states. // Network World;9/29/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p8
Reports on the negative impact of the legislation intended to ban taxes unique to the Internet on state revenues in the U.S. Provisions of the Internet Tax Nondiscrimination Act; Possible exemption of telecommunications services from state and local taxes.
- In Brief. // Accountancy;Oct2000, Vol. 126 Issue 1286, p18
Presents news briefs pertaining to accountancy as of October 2000. Taxation of pimps and prostitutes in Yokohoma City, Japan; Average age of dot.com executives; American taxpayers' obligations and relief if their child was kidnapped.
- European Net Tax Unwelcome. Brown, Doug // Inter@ctive Week;02/07/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p66
Reports on the reaction of the European Union to the proposed Internet taxation. Action taken by anti-tax activists in response to the issue; Internet tax differences between Europe and the United States.
- CAUTIOUS COURSE ON INTERNET TAXES. Munro, Neil // National Journal;5/20/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p1620
Deals with issues on Internet taxes in the United States (U.S.) as of May 20, 2000. Stance of the U.S. government; Outcome of the May 10, 2000 vote on the Internet Nondiscrimination Act; Argument of the anti-tax Republicans.
- No tax in cyberspace. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;04/03/2000, Issue 322598, p30
Editorial. Argues against the imposition of sales taxes on Internet transactions. United States Congress' passage of legislation placing a moratorium on taxing Internet sales; States which do not have a sales tax; California State Association of Counties' lobbying efforts for an Internet sales...
- The Taxation of Internet Commerce in Spain. Gomez-Arnau, Pilar Molina // International Tax Journal;Fall2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p70
Explores the taxation of Internet commerce in Spain. Imposition of value added tax on electronic transactions; Concerns over the taxation of corporation and individual income; Taxation of the revenues generated by non-Spanish residents; Drawbacks of Internet transactions.
- Taxation and the Business of the Internet Part III: Taxation of Sales of Digitally Delivered Information. Williams, Tracy D.; Lundeen, William T. // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Feb2003, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p13
Part III. Addresses the issue of taxation in relation to Internet-based retailers and service providers in the United States. Constitutional and other legal constraints on Internet business taxation; Impact of electronic commerce on multistate and international taxation.