MassPike Eyes $239 Million, Targets Toll Booths
- MASSACHUSETTS: Toll Hike. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p35
Reports on the decision of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority to delay a scheduled toll increase for six months starting November 2001. Criticism of the decision by acting governor of the state Jane M. Swift.
- Turnpike continues upgrade. Rosenbaum, David B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/22/96, Vol. 236 Issue 3, p18
Reports that the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MTA) are in the process of advertising bids for $130 million in road construction intended to upgrade the turnpike and spur the state's economic development. Plan to build an interchange in the Worcester-Providence; Statement from John J....
- MassPike Delays Toll Hike Marked for 'Big Dig' Debt Service. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p3
Reports on the decision of Turnpike Authority to delay a turnpike toll hike in Massachusetts. Purpose of the delay; Expected amount generated by the toll hike; Schedule for the start of the toll hike.
- Moody's Is Reviewing Financial Impact of Boston Tunnel Closure. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p32
The article reports that U.S.-based credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service is undertaking a review to determine the financial impact of the decision to shutdown the Ted Williams Tunnel in Boston, Massachusetts following a partial ceiling collapse that left one person dead. The revenue...
- Bond issue to finance Massachusetts Turnpike restructuring, `bid dig'. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p30
Reports on the approval of bond issues in Massachusetts by the state Turnpike Authority. Use of the proceeds from the issues for the authority's Central Artery/Tunnel project; Reasons for choosing the authority in charge of the project; Value of the estimated issues.
- Massachusetts treasurer blasts big dig bill. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;08/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30452, p36
Reports that Massachusetts State Treasurer Joseph D. Malone has denounced a bill that would provide funds to its Turnpike Authority. Costs associated with the Central Artery Project; Concealment of the project's overspending; Malone's letter to Massachusetts Governor A. Paul Celucci.
- Fitch Lowers MassPike's Big Dig Debt, But Affirms Western Turnpike Rating. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p3
Reports that rating agency Fitch Ratings has downgraded multi-million dollar worth of bonds sold by Massachusetts Turnpike Authority. Factors responsible for the downgrade of the bonds; Affirmation of MTA's western turnpike rating; Concerns regarding MTA's finances.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31789, p25
No abstract available.
- Boston's MTA outlines 'Big Dig' coverages. McLeod, Douglas // Business Insurance;8/7/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p3
This article reports that the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority told state legislators that it has property and liability coverage to handle losses arising from the collapse of concrete ceiling panels in Boston's Big Dig project. The memo to legislators does not identify the insurers...