Yields Fall 3 to 4 Basis Points; $2.6B Tobacco Offering Priced
- States Seeking Extra Ingredient To Sweeten Tobacco Bond Blends. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p1
Focuses on the sale of bonds by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp. Percentage yield on the bonds that were higher than similarly rated bonds; Mutual funds that have been the dominant buyers of tobacco bonds; Multi-billion dollar tobacco bonds issued in 2002.
- Municipals Gain as Treasuries Rally; California Tobacco Hits Secondary. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p2
Reports on the business strategies of bond markets in California on January 17, 2003. Increase in rates of municipal bonds by the sale of tobacco bonds; Reasons for increase in trade gap; Increment in the bond assets of Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.
- California to Kick Off Big Tobacco Sale. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p1
Reports on the planned sale of enhanced tobacco settlement asset-backed bonds of Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp. in California. Sale of Series 2003A tobacco bonds; Use of the bond proceeds for debt services; Securitization of the remaining payments owed by tobacco companies to the state.
- Far West. Cohen, Jackie; Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32322, p28
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bonds issued in the Far West in 2005. Issuers of the region has sold about 81.1 billion dollar in debt. Refunding serves as the biggest deal wherein the top spot went to a 3.1 billion dollar offering from the Golden State Tobacco...
- Fitch Drops 98 of 250 Tobacco Ratings. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;8/2/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33558, p5
The article presents the investment-grade ratings of tobacco bonds in the U.S. by Fitch Ratings Ltd. as part of its annual sector review amid continued consumption declines by smokers and a dispute between the companies and states on diminishing annual payments. The rating agency states that it...
- Teetering California Helps Tip Region Into Record New-Issue Territory. Williams, Rochelle; Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p64
Focuses on the sold general obligation debt in 2003 in the Far West states. Amount of tobacco bonds sold by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.; Total bond issues in California; Increase in debt sales of Alaska.
- Far West Posts Record Debt Sales in Region Top $80 Billion in 2003. Williams, Rochelle; Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31821, p1
Reports on the record high volume of debt sales reached by the Far West region of the U.S. in 2003. General obligation debt of California issuers; Total sales of tobacco bonds by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.; Financial performance of the Los Angeles Unified School District in...
- Municipals Fade as Participants Wait For California Tobacco Deal Pricing. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p2
Reports on the status of the municipal bond market in the United States. Refunding made by Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.; Estimated yield of convertible bonds with a 2010 conversion date; Auction of U.S. government two-year notes; Decision of UBS Financial Services Inc. to re-priced...
- With Higher Yields, Calif. Tobacco Sells. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32583, p1
The article reports on the sale of California-based Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.'s tobacco bonds worth of $4.5 billion that is found to be a strong market support even though after extra yield was provided during the initial pricing. As claimed, despite the repricing, still the deal...