Pension Crisis Looms In California
- Report: State Spending Passed $1 Trillion in 2000. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p3
Reports the state governments spending in fiscal 2000 in the U.S. Inclusion of assets in state-administered public employee pension systems in cash and security holdings; Majority of state spending.
- Hey, big spender. // Oregon Business Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on issues concerning the public expenditures in Oregon. Details on the proposed spending plan of governor John Kitzhaber for 2001 to 2003; Views of economist Randall Pozdena on the public expenditures of the state and local government; Allocation of funds to the different public services.
- Plea for Rain. // India Today;8/6/2012, p21
The article reports on the spending of the state government of Karnata, India in response to a circular issued by Muzrai (Temples and Endowments) Minister Kota Srinivasa Poojary asking temples to spend money doing special pujas, a Varuna Homa and Jalabhisheka to appease the rain gods.
- Making development deliverable: Overcoming the hurdles of s.106 obligations and the Community Infrastructure Levy. Coop, Simon // Journal of Building Survey, Appraisal & Valuation;Autumn2015, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p164
The current housing crisis will only be solved if we build more houses, but the delivery of development rests upon its viability. Planning policy requirements are commonly viewed as a key area for discussion and the area in which developers look for the greatest 'give' on the part of local...
- Courting costs control. Dowell, Katy // Lawyer (Online Edition);6/19/2013, p10
The article reports that Technology and Construction Court (TCC) in Leeds delivered a ruling in a case that concerned the right approach for parties to take when asking permission to revise or change an approved costs budget. The ruling demonstrates just how important it is to make a formal...
- CSG Expands Boundaries with Alaska, Hawaii. // State News (Council of State Governments);Mar2008, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p7
The article focuses on the joining of Alaska and Hawaii in the Council of State Governments (CSG) Western Region in 1959. "State Government News" coverage stated that the first Alaskan state legislature appropriated a $27.6 million general fund budget on April 16, 1959, and that Hawaii became a...
- Expanding Functions of State and Local Governments, 1965-70. Wakefield, Joseph C. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul67, Vol. 90 Issue 7, p9
Examines the expansion of state and local government functions in the United States, during the period 1965-1970. Non-education functions; State and local government purchases for elementary and secondary education; Employment in state and local governments; Highway expenditures for goods and...
- Maryland Plans Hefty BAB Deal Before Subsidy Is Cut. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;2/22/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33269, p6
The article reports on the plan of Maryland's government to sell its largest Build America Bond (BAB) issue worth 400 million dollars. It indicates that the plan of Maryland is intended to take advantage of the subsidy rate for BAB worth 35%. Moreover, it states that the state will also sell its...
- LOWEST AND HIGHEST SPENDING STATES. // American City & County;Aug2012, Vol. 127 Issue 8, p26
This article focuses on an analysis of U.S. state government per-capita spending published by "Government Product News," a sister publication to "American City & County."