- Choosing an agent for China. // Credit Management;Apr99, p23
Describes an article in the `China-Britain Trade Review' recommending ways on how to choose a business agent when starting a business in China. Things a firm should do to make sure agents work well for it; Points of advice for new companies starting out in China.
- Selecting software for a medium-sized business. Sher, Larry // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jun98, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p67
Opinion. Looks at steps to take before purchasing software for businesses with focus on selecting the correct salesperson for this process. Why it is important to select the correct salesperson for this process; Expenses involved in the purchasing of software for a business; Key points to...
- INNOVATIVE BUSINESSES IN WISCONSIN GET HELP FROM ENTREPRISE CENTERS. // In Business;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the financial and technical support services as well as physical sites offered to companies by Wisconsin-based development agency Wisconsin Business Innovation Corporation (WBIC). Usage of the WBIC services by Badger Oil Company; Location of other WBIC sites; Web site address of WBIC.
- travel agency. // Sarasota Magazine;May2006, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p89
The article features AAA travel agency based in Sarasota, Florida. The author offers relevant information about the agency. These include the key features and services offered by the business firm. As a member of the agency, one can buy an earthquake insurance, plan an Amazon River cruise, and...
- Create a great elevator speech. Johnson, Kerry // Senior Market Advisor;Jul2012, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p62
The article cites ways a finance agent introduces oneself and offers his/her business in a short span of time, roughly equivalent to the length of time it takes to ride an elevator to the top of an average building. One way is to label oneself using three sentences or less. Next is to tell a...
- Independent and proud of it. // Travel Weekly (UK);3/7/2008, p35
The author comments on the financial condition of some independent travel agencies. It gives her a real sense of satisfaction to see so many independent agencies doing well at the moment. She claims that independents can offer more choice than the multiples that have to over-emphasise the focus...
- Agents 'powerless against cuts' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/12/2005, Issue 2678, p2
Reports that independent travel agents will be powerless to stop operators scrapping commission entirely in Great Britain.
- Facing the Storm. Kroeger, Chris // Travel Agent;9/26/2005, Vol. 322 Issue 10, p100
Focuses on the effects of Hurricane Katrina to travel agents in the U.S. Challenges facing travel agents; Destruction caused by the hurricane; Assistance from World Travel Partners.
- Two weeks in Grenada for two adults and two children in July or August. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/16/2004, Issue 2601, p36
Features the travel agents based on Saint Helens in Merseyside, England. Brochures offered for a trip to Grenada for two adults and two children within the summer season; Assessment on the level of service and professional sales approach; Need for personnel to handle inquiries well.