High tea for sandwich board battle in Exeter
- Stock options. // Accountancy;Sep99, Vol. 124 Issue 1273, p87
Discloses the reexamination done by Harveys Furnishing of Great Britain of its calculation of actual stock held in its accounts for the 52 weeks ended April 24, 1999. Changes in the firm's practice of deducting the cost of sales from stock; Financial impact on group stock.
- Harveys introduces new credit systems. // Home Furnishings;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the introduction of a credit system by Harveys, a soft furnishings and upholstery retailer. Reason for the launching of a storecard; Description of other services offered.
- Harveys takes more aggressive stance on value. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p1
Reports on the plan of Harveys to become aggressive in its price and product features in the furniture market.
- Harveys greenbridge retail park. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p13
Evaluates the Harveys furniture store based on its design and fixtures, customer service and sales skill of its salespeople.
- Harveys set for transformation. // Cabinet Maker;10/27/2000, Issue 5211, p4
Reports that Great Britain-based furniture retailer Harveys Furnishings will undergo a transformation to include contemporary furniture and lifestyle products.
- Harveys. // Cabinet Maker;02/23/2001, Issue 5226, p10
Relates a furniture shopping experience at Harveys. Failure to create a professional atmosphere; Choices for sofas; Importance of taking out a Safeguard policy to cover against accidental damage.
- Sales drop at Harveys as slowdown kicks in. // Cabinet Maker;3/28/2003, Issue 5330, p1
Reports on the financial performance of furniture maker Harveys Furnishing PLC in Great Britain as of March 28, 2003. Decline in sales; Pre-tax profits; Growth rates.
- Harveys' French disconnection. // Cabinet Maker;06/26/98, Issue 5094, p5
Reports that Harveys has disposed of Maple Europe to a management team of former Kingsbury directors Simon Bee and Robert Adams. Types of furniture which the company retails.
- Harveys bucks the trend towards falling sales. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;01/08/99, Issue 5120, p3
Reports on the sales performance of British furniture retailer Harveys in the six months ended October 1998. Sales performance of the firm's major rivals; Like for like sales in the mezzanine floor segment.