a WAY of LIFE
- OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;May2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the role of the multinational airmen in the Operation Iraqi Freedom in Iraq. Emphasis on eliminating Iraq's weapons of mass destruction; Dominance of the coalition air power over the enemy's forces; Elimination of Iraq's anti-aircraft artillery weapons to disable the resistance.
- Airmen gear up for bomber bed down. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;May2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the deployment of airmen and bombers for Operation Iraqi Freedom in Europe. Details on the contingency operations; Challenges faced by the soldiers in the training process; Measures taken by the coalition force in preparing for the war.
- Letter to Congressional Leaders on the Deployment of United States Armed Forces Personnel to Iraq. OBAMA, BARACK // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/26/2014, p1
A letter by U.S. President Barack Obama to Congressional leaders on the deployment of U.S. Armed Forces to Iraq is presented.
- Deployment PREPARATION. Reece, Beth // Soldiers;Feb2005, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the preparation for deployment from the civilian contractor and government civilian to the Soldier, who has already served a tour in Iraq. Efforts of the CONUS Replacement Center in preparing individuals for deployment; Programs and activities offered by the organizers; Total amount...
- A Survey of Deployed Foot Problems in a Desert Environment. Cramer, John S.; Forrest, Kelly // Military Medicine;Apr2008, Vol. 173 Issue 4, p359
A casual comment made regarding the amount of "mole skin" being dispensed to airmen to handle blisters, pressure points, and foot pain led to the development of an impromptu voluntary survey in an attempt to quantify the number of personnel with loot care concerns and the spectrum of those...
- THE EVOLUTION OF SURVIVABILITY IN THE STRYKER BRIGADE COMBAT TEAM. Kelley, Brad; Davenport, Michael // Infantry;Aug-Dec2009, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p4
The article describes the process of change in the survivability in the U.S. Stryker Brigade Combat Team (SBCT) that are deployed to Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) since 2003. The SBCT has multiple survivability kits or systems which include retrofits to the Stryker family of vehicles (FoVs),...
- Facing the Future. McClure, Laura // Weekly Reader News - Senior;10/19/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p4
The article reflects on the state of security in Iraq as of 2007. A testimony from General David Petraeus, the U.S. commanding general of multinational forces in Iraq gives the impression that the situation in Iraq still remains difficult and will still require a lot of work. Since the Iraqi war...
- Secrets and Lies: Ampo, Japan's Role in the Iraq War and the Constitution. McNeill, David // Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus;2/15/2010, Issue 7, p5
The article explores the role of Japan in the U.S.-led Iraq War in 2003 based on an inquiry into the dispatch of Japanese Self-Defence Forces to Iraq. According to critics, the participation of Japanese forces in providing humanitarian services in Iraq violates the country's no-war Constitution....
- Scan Pattern. // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p29
Provides information on deployments in United States naval aviation as of March 2005. VP-4's deployment of 75 sailors from MCB Kaneohe Bay Hawaii, to a variety of locations in the 5th and 7th Fleets in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom; Aircraft and crew members provided...