- Airman Update. // Airman;Feb99, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p16
Presents news briefs from the United States Air Force in February 1999. Efforts to find military training instructors for the Air Force; 1998 recruiting goals of the Air Force; Uniform-wear rules of the service.
- What to wear. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Feb99, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p19
Details changes in the United States Air Force uniform. Uniform color; Mess dress jacket; Chevron sizes; Proper wear procedures; Specialty badges; Use of sunglasses.
- PROPER A-TACS BDU. // Counter Terrorist;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p69
The article offers brief information on the Propper's Advanced Tactical Concealment System (A-TACS) Battle Dress Uniform from the U.S. Air Force.
- LEADERS UNVEIL UPDATED UTILITY UNIFORM COLORS, PATTERN. Jablonski, David A. // Defense AT&L;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p49
Reports on U.S. Air Force leaders' unveiling of an alternative utility uniform color scheme and pattern on November 2, 2004, as part of the ongoing wear-test that was announced in August 2003. Switch from a deep blue, gray, and green color scheme to a more subdued mix of tan, blue, and two...
- COMMENTS. Scattergood, Stephen; Little, Brian P.; Nedeau, Michael C.; duBois, Eric // Airman;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p2
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in previous issues including "The Book 2009," the passing away of U.S. Air Force Airman 1st Class John Levitow, and the wearing of the black beret by Air Mobility Liaison Officer.
- Wear of ABU Approved for Commercial Travel. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2008, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the expansion of existing uniform regulations for Airmen. Leaders of the U.S. Air Force have authorized Airmen to wear the airman battle uniform, battle dress uniform and desert camouflage uniform while traveling commercially. Commanders are given the authority to be more...
- Metallic Name Tag Mandatory Jan. 1. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2003, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the policy made by U.S. Air Force personnel officials regarding the use of metallic name tag for the service dress uniform and pullover sweater of Air Force members in the U.S.
- New Uniform. Jablonski, David A. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2005, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p15
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Air Force to eliminate the original color scheme and conduct a limited field test of the new pattern of the uniform of Airmen. Description of the colors of the new uniform; Aim of the test to determine if any new features could be added to make the uniform...
- Air Force to test easy-care uniform. // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Sep2003, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p8
Officials of the U.S. Air Force announced field trials for a new, easy-care utility uniform that may soon replace current battle dress for the entire branch of the armed services, as of September 1, 2003. Some 300 of the blue, gray and green tiger-striped camouflage ensembles will be tested at...