- Country Risk Summary: GUATEMALA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p6
Presents risk ratings for Guatemala as of April 2003. Decline in the short-term political rating of Guatemala due to frustration among the electorate for the 2003 election; Potential effect of the continuing rise in world prices on the trade balance in Guatemala; Reason for the delayed sale of...
- US Dollar Conundrum. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/28/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p11
Discusses the condition of the stock market in the U.S. as of February 2005. Factor that influenced the level of current accounts in the country; Net foreign direct investment component in the third quarter of 2004; Background on an increase in net holdings of US corporate bonds.
- Table 7.1-3 Canadian balance of international payments - Investment positions. // Canadian Economic Observer;Nov2011, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p43
Several charts are presented offering an overview of Canadian balance of international payments including direct investment abroad, portfolio assets abroad stocks and portfolio assets abroad bonds.
- CAPITAL FLOWS AND CAPITAL-MARKET CRISES: The Simple Economics of Sudden Stops. Calvo, Guillermo A. // Journal of Applied Economics;May1998, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p35
The paper studies mechanisms through which a sudden stop in international credit flows may bring about financial and balance of payments crises. It is shown that these crises can occur even though the current account deficit is fully financed by foreign direct investment. However, equity and...
- On the Defensive. // Financial Planning;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p22
Analyzes the performance of commodity futures and foreign bonds in 2005 in the U.S. Information on how commodity futures generates their returns; Result of the lower absolute yields on foreign bonds; Explanation on the continued increase of the country's current-account deficit.
- Poland: Current Account A Shock, Not A Disaster. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/18/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p17
Reports on the performance of Polish current account and trade statistics as of July 2005. Growth of Polish Treasury bond yields; Outlook for Poland's inflation rate; Effects of political concerns on the economy.
- Risks To Turkey's Financial Markets Rising. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/22/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p20
Reports on the economic condition of the bond markets in Turkey as of August 2005. Trading status of the bond markets; Controversy that may lead to a delay in Turkey's accession to the European Union; Current account deficit of the country.
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32101, p42
This article presents statistical information on bonds offered for invisible supply in different states of the U.S., as of March 31, 2005. The expected sale date for issuer Miami Dade aviation revenue bond is June July, and its insurance company is presently negotiable. The expected sale date...
- Staying in Balance, Seeking Economic Development. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p46
Focuses on the economic development in South Dakota. Indication of balanced budget; Increase in capital budget; Emphasis of the state on legislations related to bonds.