- Good catch. Ketzenberger, John // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug97, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p6
Features Indiana lieutenant governor Joe Kernan. Education; Accomplishments as a mayor in South Bend; Efforts to attract new businesses and maintain existing ones; Promotion of Indiana's agricultural industries; Contributions to the Indiana Department of Commerce; Working relationship with...
- Joe Kernan. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p17
Interviews Indiana governor Joe Kernan. Reason for wanting to have a full-term as governor; Vision for economic development; View on the state's low tax structure; Best method to increase the number of companies in Indiana.
- Seeking to Become the "Jobs Governor" Howey, Brian A. // Indiana Business Magazine;Jul2004, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p56
Focuses on the campaign of Governor Joe Kernan to increase employment opportunities in Indiana. Similarity of the propaganda of challenger Mitch Daniels; Creation of the Office of the Small Business Advocate by the state Department of Commerce; Plan for the retention of existing jobs.
- And the governor's race is on. Katterjohn, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p12A
Offers a look into the race for the gubernatorial position in Indiana. Decision of Joe Kernan to run against Republican candidate Mitch Daniels; Anticipation that the race for governor will result to a debate on the state of the state of Indiana; Background information on the candidates.
- Storm clouds gather around Goldsmith, O'Bannon. Howey, Brian A. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/17/96, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p8B
Reports on the 1996 gubernatorial campaign in Indiana. Comments from Democrat running mates Frank O'Bannon and Joe Kernan on the present government; Campaign issues.
- Business of state. Ketzenberger, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p1A
Reports that Lieutenant Governor Joe Kernan will succeed Frank O'Bannon, who died of stroke on September 13, 2003, as governor of Indiana. Press conference called by Kernan; Plans for the state.
- From legacy to opportunity. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p12A
Focuses on the death of Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon. Accomplishments of O'Bannon; Political experience and leadership qualities of O'Bannon's successor Joe Kernan.
- Small-business leader named. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p14A
Highlights Indiana governor Joe Kernan's naming of David Dorff to lead the state's Office of Small Business Advocacy. Role of the agency to serve as a resource for small business owners.
- Oh, Brother! Hahn, Laura // Indianapolis Monthly;Oct2004, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p30
This article interviews Governor Joe Kernan, who grew up in a family of nine kids, seven of them girls. Here's what he learned from living in a household with enough siblings to fill a baseball-team rosterâ€” and enough girl power to keep any guy in line. He is the one with the best hair...