Suburb vs. Suburb
- A dogfight breaks out in Peotone's airspace. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;4/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p4
The U.S. representative Jerry Weller, a normally non pugnacious conservative Republican who represents the site of a proposed third airport near Peotone, is dusting off the rhetorical gloves to block a fast moving airport proposal led by representative Jesse Jackson, D-Chicago and lend some...
- Rep. Jackson holds groundbreaking for new airport. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;4/25/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p1
The article reports that U.S. Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. was commanded over a symbolic groundbreaking ceremony for a third Chicago-area airport in Illinois, in which he wants to see the airport established in the southern suburbs, boasting the project towards thousands of jobs.
- Obama reflects on a tough week. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;7/17/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 30, p4
The article reports on the response of Senator Barack Obama concerning the criticisms against him, specifically the caustic comment from Reverent Jesse Jackson. Obama have voiced about his penchant to chastise African Americans when speaking to them at public events and promised to continue...
- Burb brawl grounding Peotone. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;9/29/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p4
As plans for a privately funded south suburban airport gain momentum, a dispute between Will County, Illinois officials and U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson over control of the airport authority threatens to keep the project from launching. The Democratic congressman's plan for building Chicago,...
- Jesse's Shakedown Racket Calls for Closer Scrutiny. Roberts, Paul Craig // Insight on the News;02/19/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p44
Argues that African-American leader Jesse Jackson has turned civil rights into a protection racket in the United States. Details on his alleged sale of protection to corporations and politicians; Changes in the meaning of equality in law; Accusation against racial privileges.
- Insurers derailing reform: Jackson. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;8/22/94, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p16
Reports on Reverend Jesse Jackson's contention on insurers lobbying efforts on the health care reform. Emphasis of U.S. health care delivery; Support for a Canadian-style single-payer health care system.
- Rev. Jesse Jackson leads march against Republican Contract. // Jet;6/5/95, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the 30-mile protest march led by Reverend Jesse Jackson against the Republican Contract With America. Comment from Jackson on the aim of the march; Impact of the contract on the working class, the poor and the elderly.
- Protests Mount Against Michigan's Takeover of Detroit. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;3/25/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33882, p3
The article reports that Reverend Jesse Jackson has joined a group of local leaders in Detroit, Michigan for protesting against Michigan's take-over of the city and to announce a legal challenge against the state's new emergency management law.
- Houston Indian Americans Fundraise for Jesse Jackson Jr. // India -- West;12/2/2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, pA18
The article reports on the move of several American physicians and businessmen to initiate a fundraising activity to support the candidacy of Illinois' Democratic Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. in his bid for re-election.