Minneapolis Firm Has Plan for $250M Twins Ballpark
- Ballpark eyed for Central Islip. Martorana, Jamie // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/02/98, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the proposed construction of a minor league ballpark in Central Islip, New York. Real estate development boom in the area; Plans to select a baseball team to play at the ballpark; Baseball teams with interest to play at the ballpark.
- Former landfill hits a home run. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;08/24/98, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p15
Reports that construction has begun on Miller Park, a baseball field in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team. Cost of the project; When the baseball field is scheduled to open; Removal of an estimated 163,000 tons of solid waste to start the ballpark.
- Downtown Akron adds third jewel. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Comments on the planned construction of a minor-league ballpark in Akron, Ohio. Facility's design; Growing interest in seeing the minor-league team play; Construction cost.
- County comes to bat in ballpark talks. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;07/06/98, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p1
Focuses on a proposed ballpark in San Diego, California. Negotiation of the country for the project; Financial issues involved in the project; Concerns on the tax increment revenues and sales taxes that could be earned from the ballpark.
- Stadium group goes walking in Memphis. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/12/2001, Issue 322733, p1
Reports on the visit of civic and community leaders of Fresno, California to baseball stadium AutoZone Park at Memphis, Tennessee in preparation for the construction of their own stadium in Fresno. Influence of AutoZone Park on Memphis economy and community; Analysis of construction process,...
- Architect mixes bridge heritage with baseball roots to create an intimate field of dreams at new PNC Park. Gelhausen, Marvin // Cost Engineering;Feb2002, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p27
Features the PNC Park, the home of the Pittsburgh Pirate National League Baseball Team in Pennsylvania. Description of the park; History of baseball in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Revenue components of the stadium and ballpark.
- Bertram greets baseball season with dedication. Crews, Chris // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);4/4/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 14, p1A
The article reports on the dedication of the J.O. "Chief" Owen Baseball Complex in Bertram, Texas, which was named after Owen who played in the National Baseball League from 1908 through 1916.
- In a League of Its Own. Smith, S.L. // Occupational Hazards;Oct98, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p97
Presents information on Miller Park, located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Description of architectural structures; Background information on the park; Information on the safety team involved with the park. INSETS: A Learning Tool;Contractor Safety.
- A BRAND NEW BALL GAME. Heffron, Jack // Cincinnati;Mar2003, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p58
Focuses on a baseball stadium Great American Ball Park (GABP) in Cincinnati, Ohio and various developments in baseball sport in the U.S. Brief description of the stadium; Decrease in the number of baseball fans visiting the stadium; Provision at GABP where children can play.