Panelists on California Budget Resolution: Don't Expect Any Lining
- Calif. Gap May Be Only $26 Billion. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p1
Cites a report by California Legislative Analysts Office on estimates of state budget deficit for fiscal year 2003-2004. Proposed measures to bridge the fiscal deficit; Reasons for discrepencies in various revenue estimates; Allocations for different programs and services in the budget.
- More Bad News. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p28
Focuses on the revised financial budget forecast of Arkansas as of March 2002. Concerns over shortfall in the current fiscal year; Refusal of Governor Mike Huckabee to call a legislative session to deal with budget deficit; Effects of the September 11 terrorist attacks on the state budget.
- Delaware Economic Council: Revenues in 2005 Will Be Better Than Expected. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31887, p4
Reports on the revision by the Delaware Economic and Financial Advisory Council (DEFAC) of the state's revenue estimates on May 18, 2004. Value added to state coffers for 2005; Increase by the DEFAC of its revenue projections for fiscal 2004 and fiscal 2005 budgets; Indications from the May 2004...
- Balancing State Budgets: Who Will Pay? Collins, Chuck // Dollars & Sense;Mar/Apr2002, Issue 240, p9
Reports on the strategy of states in the U.S. in balancing state budgets. Projected amount of state deficits in 2002; Factors that contributed to the fiscal distress of states; Ways to balance budgets; Actions taken by organizations on the tax burden.
- Let the state budget bickering begin again. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/8/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p10A
In this article, the author discusses the lawmakers' agreement for a budget via gubernatorial assent to lead Indiana towards fiscal 2010-2011. He is critical that corresponding with the fine print of a budget will be a difficult chore. He recalls that lawmakers backed on a budget since the...
- Forecaster Drops Washington Revenue Estimate by $482M. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/22/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33135, p4
The article focuses on the economic forecast provided for the 2007-2009 biennium by Arun Raha, one known economic forecaster of Washington State. Released on June 18, 2009, his quarterly forecast claims that the state budget has decreased to $482 million. He adds that his revenue forecast for...
- Report: State Officials Eye Projected GDP and Hope for Better Times. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p5
Reports that according to a report published by the Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government, state budget officials are cautiously optimistic that growth in the U.S. economy through the next calendar year will translate into improved state finances. Projected increases in the nation's...
- FALLING INTO A GAP. // Capitol Ideas;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p18
The article presents a forecast of the total budget gaps for the fiscal year 2011 for states in the U.S. from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
- Looking forward to 2010. Keegan, Theresa // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/4/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 1, Special section p1
The article offers the 2010 business forecasts of representatives in the U.S. Ulster County Chamber of Commerce president Ward Todd states that 2010 is a great time to get a mortgage for commercial or residential purchases. Orange County, California spokesman Rich Mayfield cites that the biggest...