N.Y. High Court Upholds MTA Hikes
- Court offers online access. // Buffalo Law Journal;1/31/2013, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p9
The article reports on the launch of the Court of Appeals Public Access and Search System (Court-PASS), an online service for filing records and briefs in a digital format on appeals to the New York State Court of Appeals, on February 1, 2013.
- State's highest court rejects appeal of drug-law sentences. Johnson, Mark // Buffalo Law Journal;9/28/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 78, p18A
The article reports on the rejection of an appeal by three men convicted of various drug crimes seeking shorter sentences under the Drug Law Reform Act which took effect in January 2005 in New York. The state's Court of Appeals ruled that the sentence imposed on the convicts will not be reduced...
- More on Hernandez v. Robles: appeal is filed. // Empty Closet;Mar2006, Issue 388, p8A
Reports on the move of Lambda Legal to file its opening brief in the New York Court of Appeals that appeal the ruling of the Appellate Division First Department in the case Hernandez versus Robles limiting marriage to heterosexual couple is not unconstitutional. Significance of the appeal to...
- Plan to Restructure MTA Debt Still on the Agenda. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p6
Reports on efforts of officials of New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to fund a five-year capital plan as of December 2000. Efforts to restructure all outstanding debt; Creation of escrow accounts where money will be placed to pay off debts; Other plans of officials.
- MTA Approves 2002 Budget. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p2
Reports on the approval of the 2002 operating budget by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York City, New York as of December 2001. Details of the budget; Increase in budgetary allocations made in the budget compared to the previous budget; Proposed sale of refunding bonds...
- Monster MTA Deal Gets Put On Fast Track. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p1
Reports the debt refinancing of Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York. Value of debt; Features of the offering; Consolidation of the credit of MTA.
- MTA: Here We Come. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p1
Reports the financial management of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York City. Debt of the MTA; Amount of the New York paper bond sale; Statement of MTA finance director Kim Paparello concerning the selling of the transportation bonds.
- N.Y. MTA Sells its $2.8 Billion Deal; Secondary Yields Up 3ï¿½4 Basis Points. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31383, p2
Reports the selling of loans by the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Lists of institutional bidders; Effects of the movement of stock price on loans; Details on the highest bidder.
- New York MTA Passes Interim 2003 Budget. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31536, p3
Announces approval of an interim budget by New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to meet its spending needs until a final budget for 2003 can be adopted. Authorization given to executive director of MTA Katherine Lapp to schedule a series of public hearings; Options provided by...