Hevesi Blames N.Y. Dorm For Court Cost Overruns
- Erie Co., N.Y., Cut To Baa3 by Moody s. Whales, Robert // Bond Buyer;6/9/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32150, p2
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. yesterday cut Erie County, New York's general obligation credit rating to Baa3 from Baal, affecting about $428 million of debt, just days after the state comptroller recommended a state oversight board and said the county needs to use...
- In New York, Debt -- Not Cash -- Is King. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal (Central New York);3/4/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p28
Comments in the increasing public debt in New York. Impact of government borrowings to fund large capital projects on the total financial status of the state; Total outstanding state-funded debt; Recommendation of State Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi for legislators to close the loopholes that allow...
- City comptroller at Crain's breakfast. // Crain's New York Business;06/02/97, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p27
Reports that New York City Comptroller Alan Hevisi will speak at `Crain 's New York Business' breakfast forum on June 18, 1997. Issues to be discussed at the event; Who sponsored the event.
- Non-bonding promise. Feiden, Doug; Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;2/14/94, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p6
Reports on New York City Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi's waiting until 1995 to decide on new procedures for bond underwriters. Campaign on reducing the number of bond sales negotiated behind closed doors; Expectation on First Deputy Comptroller Michael Geffrad's recommendation for new procedures...
- Hevesi practicing tabloid economics. // Crain's New York Business;08/18/97, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p8
Opinion. Presents information on the return of Alan Hevesi to tabloid economics. Questions asked by Hevesi; Conclusions reach by Hevesi; What statistical information showed.
- Comptroller to address city finances, mayor's race. // Crain's New York Business;3/4/96, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p12
Reports that New York City Comptroller Alan Hevesi will discuss New York's budget, at the next Crain's New York Business breakfast forum; Who sporsored the program; What will be discussed by Hevesi.
- Budget gimmick. // New York Amsterdam News;5/4/96, Vol. 87 Issue 18, p8
Presents a caption story showing New York City Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi, who deliver the keynote address at the hall meeting in Brooklyn, sponsored by City Councilmember Lloyd Henry. What Hevesi spoke about; Hevesi's criticism of Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's use of fiscal gimmicks and `one-shots'...
- Boring no more. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;2/12/96, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p4
Profiles Alan Hevesi, New York City Comptroller. Career as an assemblyman; Credibility in the political community.
- Operation for Hevesi. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;4/29/96, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p42
Reports that New York City Comptroller, Alan Hevesi will have a prostrate cancer operation on May 3, 1996 at Long Island Jewish Medical Center. Comments from Hevesi; What he plans to do during his recovery if operation is successful.