Orange County, Fla., Voters Face Sales Tax Hike for Transportation
- Tax for Transit. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p35
Reports that Arlington city, Texas counsil voted unanimously for elections to allow voters to decide on a quarter-cent sales tax to pay for a public transportation system. Estimated annual revenues from the tax; Benefits of the bus service.
- WISCONSIN: Tax Vote Postponed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/17/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32548, p9
The article reports on the decision of the three-county Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Transit Authority to postpone a vote on whether to pursue plans to use a regional sales tax to finance a proposed 200 million dollar commuter rail line. The Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha line would be linked...
- Regional transportation plan isn't just for Tucson voters. // Inside Tucson Business;5/8/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p3
The article focuses on the election of the Arizona Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) to be held on May 16, 2006 for the approval of a transportation plan and a sales tax proposal in Tucson, Arizona. It is noted that all registered voters in Pima County will participate in the election. An...
- Think about it, then vote 'yes'. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;5/8/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p4
The author reflects on the election of the Arizona Regional Transport Authority to be held on May 16, 2006 for the approval of a regional transportation plan and a sales tax proposal in Tucson, Arizona. He does not find any serious supporters of the plans except his son who eagerly advocates...
- Missouri voters reject tax slated for roadway improvements. // Pit & Quarry;Sep2014, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the voters in Missouri who rejected the proposed sales tax designed to finance transportation projects in the state in a primary election held on August 5, 2014.
- Transportation plan backers, opponents exchange words. // Inside Tucson Business;5/8/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p3
The article focuses on the views of the supporters and opponents of the multi-modal transit plan with streetcar system in Tucson, Arizona. The Regional Transport Authority Election to be held for the approval of the plan. The supporters of the plan raised $977,500 because of their dedication to...
- Factors influencing support for local transportation sales tax measures. Hannay, Robert; Wachs, Martin // Transportation;Jan2007, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p17
Sales tax measures passed at the local level and dedicated to transportation projects have become increasingly popular in the United States. While revenues from fuel taxes stagnate, growth of local transportation sales taxes (LTSTs), most approved in local elections, has led to a gradual shift...
- Highway Crunch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/25/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31891, p31
Focuses on discussions among Utah County commissioners about the possibility of asking voters to approve a quarter-cent sales tax hike in November 2004. Plan to use the proceeds for transportation projects; Call for proposals for transportation projects; Estimated amount that can be generated...
- County Seeks Jail Tax. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/16/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33566, p9
The article reports on the special election called by Garland County Quorum Court for the two proposed sales tax increases.