From the Chairman Harry Downes
- Greece puts world economy on a slippery slope. Long, Brian G. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/14/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p18
The article reports on the impact of the Greek recession to the global economy in 2011, which also slowed down the growth experienced by the Greater Grand Rapids industrial economy.
- as China sets the pace. // OECD Observer;Mar2010, Issue 278, p4
The article reports on the result of the survey which states that China, being the world's second largest economy, is leading the global recovery.
- Pope warns against 'idol called cash'. Davies, Lizzy // Adbusters;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p12
The article focuses on the Pope Francis's warnings against global economic system which results in unemployment at the time of recessions.
- Economic Competitiveness. // Management Services;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p22
In this article, the economic competitiveness of a country is discussed. According to the author, in the world of economics, it is widely agreed that a country's competitiveness is not solely related to productivity and gross domestic product. In order to be competitive, a company must have full...
- Ranking academic impact of world national research institutesâ€”by the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Xu, F.; Li, X. X.; Meng, W.; Liu, W. B.; Mingers, J. // Research Evaluation;Dec2013, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p337
In this work, we report on the aim, approach, design, outcomes, and issues of a major project ranking the academic impact of world national research institutes (NRIs), carried out by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). The evaluation of national research institutes has always been a...
- By the Numbers. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);1/24/2011 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 157 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses a January 2011 World Bank report on the recovery of the global economy from the recession.
- THE STATE OF PLAY. BROUGHTON, TONY // MHD Supply Chain Solutions;May/Jun2016, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p50
The article discusses on the competitive leadership position of Australian supply chains and the rank as the 17th model in the World Competitivenes Yearbook of IMD business school in 2014. Topics mentioned include the business success equation where better leadership results to higher employee...
- NEW AND EMERGING ISSUES ARISING OUT OF THE BANKRUPTCY OR INSOLVENCY OF ENERGY COMPANIES: THE IMPACT OF THE LATEST RECESSION. KR�GER, JOSEF G. A.; GILBORN, R. J. DANIEL // Alberta Law Review;Dec2010, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p221
This article highlights new and emerging bankruptcy and insolvency issues that arose out of the latest recessionary period, which led or contributed to the insolvencies of several global energy companies. Through an analysis of a sample of decisions arising out these proceedings, the article...
- Bicycle Economies. Bayer, Alexei // Research;Dec2009, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p67
The article discusses the author's sentiments about the future of large developing countries Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC). The author says that the recession has been a godsend for these countries as they experience growth rates right through the downturn. He questions on what will...