Feds Bearing Gifts
- STRUGGLING STATES SEND A BAILOUT MESSAGE. Jacobson, Louis; Zeller, Shawn // National Journal;2/22/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p592
Deals with the request of economically struggling U.S. states for federal bailout as of February 2003. Budget deficits in California and New York State; Challenges posed by lobbying on behalf of state governments; Proposals on a federal bailout.
- 21st Century Fund gets another $50 million. Schitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/7/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p13
Reports the additional funds granted to the 21st Century Research and Technology Fund in Indianapolis, Indiana. Criticism over the budget allocation for the research; Role of the Century Fund on the state economy; Effect of economic slowdown on the venture investments industry.
- Select committee slates council funding reforms. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;1/10/2003, p13
Criticizes the British government's reform program for the system of formula grant distribution. Features of the system; Calls for a review of local authority funding policy.
- The regional assistance maze. // Accountancy;May85, Vol. 96 Issue 1101, p44
Provides information on the criteria for obtaining regional grants in the assisted areas in Great Britain. Location of the project; Qualifying activity; Criteria for new projects.
- Fuel Prices Trigger Release of Emergency Funds. Pilkington, Steve // Alaska Business Monthly;Apr2000, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the emergency low-income heating funds granted to Alaska under the Low-Income Heating Energy Assistance Program. Alaska's share of the emergency funding; Reason for the allocation of additional funds.
- PUBLIC NOTICE CITY OF RULE. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);6/29/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p4
The article announces the public hearing to be held by the City of Rule at City Hall in regard to the submission of an application to the Office of Rural Community Affairs for a Texas Community Development Block Grant Program grant in Rule, Texas. To allow citizens an opportunity to discuss the...
- Country contributions. // OECD Journal of Competition Law & Policy;2004, Vol. 6 Issue 1/2, p173
The article presents the name of countries, which contributed to competition policy in subsidies and State aid. The names of some countries are Czech Republic, Denmark and Finland.
- A THEORY OF FEDERAL AID DISTRIBUTION. Johnson, A. Bruce // American Economist;Fall72, Vol. 16 Issue 2
Discusses a theory of federal aid distribution using the performance of the Area Redevelopment Administration in the United States as case study. Noneconomic influences on the distribution of federal aids and grants; Influence of area population count on aid distribution; Elasticity of aid...
- Grant increase for the Irish. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;8/5/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the increase of the grant aid given to livestock farmers in Ireland in 2005, to help them meet the costs of providing additional slurry storage and other farmyard improvements under the Nitrates Action Programme. Rate introduced by the Dublin government for farmers in the...