Shiite Combat Casualties Show the Depth of Iran's Involvement in Syria
- Will Assad Target Idlib After Aleppo? Balanche, Fabrice // Washington Institute for Near East Policy: PolicyWatch;Dec2016, p1
The article discusses whether the Syrian Army will target Idlib, Raqqa, or Deir al-Zour, Syria after attacks in Aleppo.
- Kurds, U.S. Halt IS In Kobani. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/17/2014, pA01
10 More U.S. bombs and a re-armed Kurd militia killed and forced Islamic State warriors out of most of Kobani, though some fighting continued in and near the Syria-Turkey border town. Damascus rejected a buffer/no-fly zone that Turkey's PM detailed Wed. It would cover Aleppo and Kurd regions...
- Turkey reveals location of Syrian train-equip program. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;3/2/2015, p37
The article reports on the March 2, 2015 announcement by Turkish defense minister Ismet Yilmaz that the train-and-equip program for Syrian opposition forces will be held in the province of Kirikkale, Turkey.
- Turkey: Train-and-equip program for Syrians to start March 1. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;3/2/2015, p39
The article reports on the confirmation by the Turkish foreign ministry that the train-and-equip program for Syrian opposition forces will start on March 1, 2015 in Turkey.
- Turkish official hints broader coalition campaign on Daesh. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;3/2/2015, p49
The article focuses on a statement by Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc about the U.S.-led international coalition which he believes may broaden the scope of Turkey's military operations against terrorist groups in Syria, including Daesh.
- Syrian Civilians Unsure of What Air Strikes "Friendly" (Guest Voice). // Moderate Voice;10/13/2015, p12
A blog on the views of Syrian civilians who have not fled their war-torn country about air strikes by Russia and the U.S. is presented.
- Russia and the US Driving World Opinion in Syria. Diamana, Walter // International Policy Digest;Oct2015, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p101
The article presents opinion of critics that the U.S. and Russia are escalating the situation in Syria in 2015, with the world is of the view that the U.S. states is the only hegemon in the international system and Russia has lost the Cold War race after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
- Prime Ministry sources deny use of Turkish air space in anti-ISIL attacks. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;9/29/2014, p10
The article reports that the alleged use of Turkish airspace in the September 2014 airstrikes launched against the terrorist organization Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) in Syria has been denied by the Turkish Prime Ministry.
- Turkey denies its airspace used in Syria attacks. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;9/29/2014, p16
The article reports that the alleged use of Turkish air space in the 2014 attacks launched against the terrorist organization Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) in Syria has been denied by the office of Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet DavutoÄŸlu.